Miles

Fascinating. Immediately thought of the VW emissions scandal. This is easily testable among a lot of trucks, especially highway mileage. Putting the tin foil hat on, city driving could be a sneaky way to play with numbers. Not nearly as easy to gauge and with the role technology//computers play with all these new automobiles, some program that messes with slower stop/go speeds... no one would be the wiser.

Taking that hat off now, I have noticed a similar occurrence of putting mileage on my truck but I'm pretty sure that's because I really enjoy driving it and look down and think boy where does the time go.

pretty sure if that were true, and it was done intentionally and they financially benefited by shortening warranty periods that would be considered odometer fraud.

who was it a while back, honda or toyota? when it was found that their odos were inaccurate to the tune of a handful of thousand miles by the time it read 100k? it was by all accounts an accidental defect, they had to do a recall + extend warranties to all owners.

remember if you've changed the outer diameter of your tires without a recalibration your speedometer and odometer will be inaccurate.

• 2 months later...

MIGHT BE SOMETHING TO THIS AFTER ALL! -  They're talking about this exact issue on the Facebook AT4 page - 

Someone even has a video of it doing it.

Hey guys. Everyone watch your odometers. I sat in my truck the other day. Running and in park. The mileage went up sitting there.

52 minutes ago, steelcity said:

MIGHT BE SOMETHING TO THIS AFTER ALL! -  They're talking about this exact issue on the Facebook AT4 page - 

Someone even has a video of it doing it.

Hey guys. Everyone watch your odometers. I sat in my truck the other day. Running and in park. The mileage went up sitting there.

I can't see it.---Well I just tried to join the group.  Waiting for approval.  

It doesn't surprise me.  I swear my 18 and now my 21 clock too many miles.  I just haven't tried hard to "catch" it.  

Edited by SILVER SLED

17 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

I can't see it.---Well I just tried to join the group.  Waiting for approval.  

It doesn't surprise me.  I swear my 18 and now my 21 clock too many miles.  I just haven't tried hard to "catch" it.  

A guy even posted a video of his truck running but not moving and the mileage changed. While just sitting there!

I said from day 1 that there was no way my truck was racking up that many miles!

I mean how many people could be imagining the same thing, lol?

Edited by steelcity
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, steelcity said:

A guy even posted a video of his truck running but not moving and the mileage changed. While just sitting there!

I said from day 1 that there was no way my truck was racking up that many miles!

Have you tried to catch it?  I keep telling myself one day I'm gonna run Waze or a gps and compare distance traveled between the truck and gps.  But then I think what if it is intermittent and I don't catch it.....

31 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Have you tried to catch it?  I keep telling myself one day I'm gonna run Waze or a gps and compare distance traveled between the truck and gps.  But then I think what if it is intermittent and I don't catch it.....

Not me but the guys who did catch it are saying it's happening while sitting still, running and in park. 

Hmm, I could get a Chevy, run for the congress and get reimbursed for a lot of miles.

All the Chevys at the ranch are accurate. All of them have done trips to Henderson or Tucson, sometimes to Hermosillo. I haven't driven much on mine to really notice.

25 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Speculating about and posting about baseless conspiracy theories is just food for trolls.

Thought this was the foundation of the forum???

How baseless can it be when people all over the country are reporting the same issues?

I seem to remember being the only one reporting issues with the rear suspension on my RST Z71 and was mercilessly mocked here until others reported the same thing. That was when it was a first-year model and the Chevy fanboys got all over me over it.

• Like 1