2020 Silverado 1500 WT Remote Start question

WTWill

I am getting desperate for some help on this issue. I bought a 202o Silverado 1500 WT and I have been slowly adding OEM parts to it. I live in New England, so I thought a remote starter would be nice for those cold mornings. My problem is that my local dealer told me that the OEM remote starter isn't available for my truck (something about the software not having that option). I don't know how much I believe this, because an OEM starter should be pretty much universal across the 5.3L engines and computers, right? Well, I asked another dealer, and they said the starter kit isn't showing up as a possible accessory with my VIN#. I then tried to call GM directly, and got absolutely nowhere with the tech support, because the first girl had no idea why it wasn't showing up, and the second one had no idea what I was talking about. She thought I was just wondering why it wasn't showing up as an accessory on the page.

I am trying to keep the truck as OEM as possible, because I really don't want a bunch of wire splices and extra key fobs to carry around. My question is, has anyone else been having this issue, and/or is this just a load of b.s. and the starter kit and new key fob with the start button will install just fine? Any information would be greatly appreciated about why my WT can't have the remote starter kit installed. (Last eight of the VIN is LG141071)

I am getting desperate for some help on this issue. I bought a 202o Silverado 1500 WT and I have been slowly adding OEM parts to it. I live in New England, so I thought a remote starter would be nice for those cold mornings. My problem is that my local dealer told me that the OEM remote starter isn't available for my truck (something about the software not having that option). I don't know how much I believe this, because an OEM starter should be pretty much universal across the 5.3L engines and computers, right? Well, I asked another dealer, and they said the starter kit isn't showing up as a possible accessory with my VIN#. I then tried to call GM directly, and got absolutely nowhere with the tech support, because the first girl had no idea why it wasn't showing up, and the second one had no idea what I was talking about. She thought I was just wondering why it wasn't showing up as an accessory on the page.

I am trying to keep the truck as OEM as possible, because I really don't want a bunch of wire splices and extra key fobs to carry around. My question is, has anyone else been having this issue, and/or is this just a load of b.s. and the starter kit and new key fob with the start button will install just fine? Any information would be greatly appreciated about why my WT can't have the remote starter kit installed. (Last eight of the VIN is LG141071)

I put one in my wife’s car. It’s all plug and play. I didn’t get the long range remotes. I got the app module. First year free then 39 a year after. 15 min install. The guys who run the place know their stuff. Also shows real time gps location. Great if it gets stolen. They won’t even know it’s there

https://www.12volt.solutions/search?q=year-2020-make-chevrolet-model-silverado-1500&type=product

c41f1fcde254e838c4e96401288da477.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, WTWill said:

GM does not offer the factory accessory remote start kit for regular cab at the moment.  There is no alternate part # yet either.  84312372 fits double and crew cab only. 

Here is the engineering note:  PART NUNBER 84312372. TRANSMITTER. WILL NOT FIT STANDARD CAB TRUCKS. PLEASE REFER TO SERVICE INFORMATION DOCUMENT 5391056. FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.

Edited by newdude