Paint defect from factory?

What do you guys think? Clear coat appears to be intact and is smooth. Appears to be messed up under the clear so had to be from the factory I’d assume. Picked the truck up a couple days ago and just noticed. 

2517CFE2-2271-402D-9D83-BE11D92D5423.jpeg

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

I have a black speck of some trash on my red truck paint. It's in the paint and looks terrible. Your not alone

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Almost looks like the bristle marks you get with a touch up brush when close up. Taking to a body shop for their opinion tomorrow. Not sure if it will be correctable or if it will even look good once fixed.  

I don’t know but there are way too many of you who own magnifying glasses.

On a serious note: I hate looking too closely at my vehicles as I’m scared I’ll find a defect that’ll haunt me in my sleep..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

If your truck has zero orange peel go get a lottery ticket....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If my truck was painted orange, the finish would be perfect! :)

It looks good, and I could risk fugging it up by correcting it, but it's shiny enough for me, so I won't. Haven't noticed any paint defects yet, but I'm not going to look too close. 

I’ve been told by many folks how awful the finish is for new cars from dealerships.   After i brought home my truck, i proceeded to wash, clay bar, then polished it with a medium cut pad, glazed it, and then finished it with wax.    WOW!   I was amazed by that fact.  Learned something new