Greetings all. I have a1992 g3500 5.7. At idle and steady rpm she runs ok but has slight misfires not any one cylinder kinda like popcorn popping . Could it be a dripping injector (tbi)? 61000 miles. Fresh fuel .  Good tune up. Whats the best way to see tbi spray pattern?

Thanks 4 reply. I replaced cap rotor wires plugs. Low milage 61000...500 last year. Just bought it. Kinda think its a dribiling injector. Or distibuter pickup. It had the corrosion virus on the coil wire to cap. Im going to give it a good freeway run tomorrow may be carbon on valves. Mite have to dig out more diagnostic stuff .

If I’m understanding your description as popcorn being random and not evenly timed, I recently developed something similar on my 95 350 TBI. Mine seems to happen only when engine is warm, AC is on, and in Drive with the brakes on (at a traffic light for instance). It stumbles just briefly but randomly (like popcorn?). I was thinking something with the Idle Air Control (IAC)? Suggestions appreciated.

Greetings all. Today 103degrees waited 4 sun to go down. Earler i disconnected the "computer" to check connections looked good. Fired up noticeable improvement. Dug out the old OTC obd1 scanner. Data strean map volts +- .5 volt. Injector pulse kina bouncy computer compensating. So i ran it at 1500 rpm for 30 40 minutes. Very hot inside a van. ? . the map volts settled +- .2. Injector pulse fair ly steady. She is puuuring now??. My conclusion is super low miles61000 (500) last year. The old girl was carboned up particularly on intake valves. Thanks 2 all gm truckers who replied.

20200711_200128_HDR.jpg