2015 GMC Sierra Reverse Camera error 'Service Rear Vison System'

I own a 2015 GMC Sierra SLT Z71. When I put my truck in reverse, the reverse camera that pops up in the dashboard (the 8" touch screen) is black and says 'Service Rear Vison System'. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

It should be noted that I have not been in any accidents, have not replaced the rear reverse lights or head lights. I do have a LED brake light-bar underneath the tailgate that is plugged into the tow hitch on the truck. I have had the brake light-bar on the truck for almost 6 months now so I don't think that is the issue. 

20200707_192727.jpg

Edited by Greg ***
typo

• 4 weeks later...

****FIXED****

So it ended up being the actual camera itself. I ordered the camera off of Ebay for around $160. It was an exact fit to the factory wire harness (plug in). The actual camera fit perfectly into the factory mounts in the tailgate handle. I'll include a photo of the camera I purchased on Ebay. The dealer wanted $150 just to pull my truck into the bay and look at it. So I hope this helps someone out in the future if they have the same issue.

Screenshot_20200813-180745_eBay.jpg