Ordered Silverado has finally arrived.

6 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Well said, the buyer can control the encounter just as well, if not better than the dealer if they keep their temper, and emotions (feeling pressured) in check.

Impulse, and anger (unrealistic expectations on price of new or trade in value) usually lead to a bad buying experience. 

Yep....whoever writes the check has the control...plain and simple

Dealers have the upper hand right now as inventory in low and dealer have little to trade other dealers for what a customer might want.

Local dealer only has 3 GMC's and they typically have 50 or more between their 2 stores.  They recently in the last week got two 2020 GMC Sierra Denali CC, a 2500 white and a 3500 black and they been getting a lot of calls my friend was saying.   So if one buyer balks there is always another one to step in and pay the price. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spizike9 said:

You should have got a firm dealer discount price before you ordered. That’s the one price that can be constant. The rebates are what the variable is. 

^^ This ^^

Everytime I oder a vehicle I have a firm price, the only thing that would change is the incentives / rebates but the price of the truck should have been set from the start. Now that have you by the short hairs as they know you want what you ordered and they also know they can sell it to someone else due to the amount of calls they are getting on it. Good Luck! 

On 7/7/2020 at 5:37 PM, Chevyguy273 said:

Greetings to my fellow members. Thank you for such an awesome forum. I’ve learned so much about trucks in the short time I’ve been a member. My question is. Now that my ordered truck has finally arrived. What kind of deal should I expect? The msrp is $57,655. My salesman says the pdi will be done tomorrow morning before lunchtime. And he told me to come in after 1. I know the current incentive is $5000 customer cash. Is it possible to get $10,000 off a ordered truck? Especially when dealerships have zero inventory? We have not spoken about price yet. The only price mentioned. Was at the time of ordering. Back in February. He wrote on the build sheet. Price will be under $50k. High $40s. If he keeps his word. Is $49k a fair price before sales tax? 

MSRP on mine is $60,445. I've got it in writing from my salesman for basically "supplier" pricing of $56,555. I don't work for GM in any way but he said since it ordered as a sold unit they could do that. I'll get the $5,000 current rebates off that. I'm at the end of my lease on a 2017 Silverado, I thought I'd get an additional $1,500 lease loyalty discount as well but you have to be leasing again to get that discount. If you lease you don't get the $5,000 rebate. 

If the OP likes the truck, and the price, buy it, if not walk, buying a truck is not this hard.

There will be almost a half billion 21 and 22's made, if he can wait, the perfect truck will land in his lap.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 11:16 PM, ArTurf said:

Ordered mine without solid price, but sales manager did guarantee me a minimum off plus whatever incentives. Of the 2 dealers I talked to he was the most upfront so he got the deal. Truck came in and I got around 12k off list, i was happy. It was a HC so it listed around 64k

You stole it! $12k off is excellent. I’m stuck at $9k off sticker. The sales manager would not move any lower. I tried hammering him for $10k off. I go back later today to arm wrestle over the $1000 that we are apart on the price. 

On 7/8/2020 at 8:34 AM, elcamino said:

Dealers have the upper hand right now as inventory in low and dealer have little to trade other dealers for what a customer might want.

Local dealer only has 3 GMC's and they typically have 50 or more between their 2 stores.  They recently in the last week got two 2020 GMC Sierra Denali CC, a 2500 white and a 3500 black and they been getting a lot of calls my friend was saying.   So if one buyer balks there is always another one to step in and pay the price. 

You are absolutely correct. My salesman told me when my ordered truck was delivered to their dealership Tuesday afternoon. Along with 5 others. People were pulling into the lot trying to buy them as they were being unloaded. But they were politely told all the trucks were sold. And to call back next week in case someone decides they don’t want it. 

36 minutes ago, Chevyguy273 said:

I tried to get them to throw in the huge cardboard Silverado 1500 LTZ that was on the showroom floor.

That should have been the deal breaker, especially if it was not a 21???

Happy to hear it all worked out well, and it was fun, life has become very strange, distractions are becoming more valuable every day.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chevyguy273 said:

Are those the same points GM gives you when you buy a vehicle? 

No, he means the credit card reward points you build up making purchases on your GM credit card.

1 minute ago, JimCost2014 said:

That should have been the deal breaker, especially if it was not a 21???

Happy to hear it all worked out well, and it was fun, life has become very strange, distractions are becoming more valuable every day.

I also have to admit. Because it was hot and humid yesterday. I stopped at a convenience store right next to the dealership to grab a 12 pack of Heineken. And upon entering the showroom. I announced it is Friday 2 hours before closing your owner is on his floating lawn chair in the middle of a lake somewhere in the woods.  Liquid refreshment has arrived. And that’s when the fun started. The sales manager was not falling down drunk. He was sympathetic towards my wait from when the truck was ordered to delivery. But. He absolutely drew the line when I asked for the huge cardboard Silverado on the showroom floor. ??. My salesman by then was speechless. He says. Sir. I’ve been selling cars for 25 years. I’ve taken a pinball machine and a farm tractor in trade for a new vehicle. But you asking the sales manager for the cardboard Silverado on the showroom floor and telling him. No cardboard truck no deal. And him being perfectly sober looking you dead in the eyes and telling you absolutely not. No cardboard Silverado is part of your deal. No way. I think he had a personal thing with that huge cardboard Silverado. He finally said. If you don’t buy this truck with all the extras. I’m going to sell it to the guy that’s been calling 3 times a day for the past 5 days who is willing to buy it with only the Chevy cash back. So. I said. Ok where do I sign?  

22 minutes ago, GOMD said:

No, he means the credit card reward points you build up making purchases on your GM credit card.

Oh ok thanks. My salesman told me I will receive a GM rewards card in the mail in a couple of weeks with a certain amount of points on it for spending at the dealership or online