Bluetooth text connection

This is my biggest gripe with the new system as it worked wonderfully on the old one. Sadly, GM removed text functionality from the My Link system. They're recommending to use either Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

You have to play around with your phone settings. It took me forgetting my phone and repairing it multiple times to get it right and to work. I honestly couldnt tell you exactly what I did just kept messing with stuff. I've had to re do it twice when my phone did updates, very frustrating.

Edited by 19Sierra

I figure it's just getting your specific setting figured, like mentioned above. I was chauffeuring with the truck for our rolling, high school graduation. The wife and daughter sitting in the bed of the truck in folding chairs during the parade through town. I was listening to mu tunes off Amazon, alone in the cab. The wife was texting pictures to family and her messages kept coming across, cutting out my music. I cancelled her phone from the menu. I use Android and she uses iPhone. It is irritating that you have to plug in to use other apps, like Waze or Google maps, etc. The price of these trucks and you still have to have loose wires dangling all around like a kids vehicle.