Max Tow but still to much squat

15 hours ago, madconcept said:

I have a levelled 2019 Sierra, Max trailering option. This truck sits higher than my last truck overall so I actually lowered the height position on my WD hitch to prevent our TT from going down the road with the front end pointed up.

Hooked the trailer up today and overall the trailer sits level now but my truck squats.

I’m sure the levelling kit doesn’t help.  I measured about 5 1/2” inches between fender and top of the tire up front and about 4” from tire to fender in the back.

I’m sure airbags would really help, especially for trucks with levelling kits.

I also have quite a bit of weight in that toolbox I have on my truck.  When on holidays I’ll empty that out, although probably have a load of firewood in the truck anyways.  Just make sure the firewood is pushed as far forward as possible.

Myself at 170 lbs, wife that is 105lbs then 3 kids in the back seat come in around 160lbs total will mean a fairly loaded truck but well below the limit I’m sure!

37520477-5424-48CB-86EC-5E8D022C2F81.jpeg

081CC146-536B-4D1A-9E9A-C04F0114D5C6.jpeg

8C46FDBF-C572-491E-8185-A0B5AA89A3A7.jpeg

Your trailer is level: goodness.  The WDH bars are level with the frame: goodness.  But your WDH head looks level in the last pic and that might indicate you are not transferring much weight to the front of the truck and the trailer axles.  I would tilt the WDH head down a bit more.  Those WDH bars will start bowing more and you should get a more level truck.  Although the CAT scales are the ultimate way to measure how well your WDH is setup, measurements work well, too.  Get the front of your truck within 1/2" of its empty height with the WDH hooked up.  

18 hours ago, corn18 said:

Your trailer is level: goodness.  The WDH bars are level with the frame: goodness.  But your WDH head looks level in the last pic and that might indicate you are not transferring much weight to the front of the truck and the trailer axles.  I would tilt the WDH head down a bit more.  Those WDH bars will start bowing more and you should get a more level truck.  Although the CAT scales are the ultimate way to measure how well your WDH is setup, measurements work well, too.  Get the front of your truck within 1/2" of its empty height with the WDH hooked up.  

I ended up tilting the wdh head down a bit more yesterday.

Didn’t have time to hook up the truck to the trailer yet though.  Hopefully it works.

I’m taking the trailer in for service this week and I’m hoping they have a tongue weight scale.

Might be too front heavy the way I loaded the trailer with stuff?  Storing a bunch of heavier items in the front storage compartments of the trailer as those storage areas were convenient.

16 hours ago, madconcept said:

I ended up tilting the wdh head down a bit more yesterday.

Didn’t have time to hook up the truck to the trailer yet though.  Hopefully it works.

I’m taking the trailer in for service this week and I’m hoping they have a tongue weight scale.

Might be too front heavy the way I loaded the trailer with stuff?  Storing a bunch of heavier items in the front storage compartments of the trailer as those storage areas were convenient.

FYI, all the videos I've seen recommend at least 5 chain links between the bars and snatch bracket.

Edited by pewterliftedz