2020 Silverado2500HD LTZ TTPMS - Should I have them?

Bought a 2020 Silverado 2500HD LTZ in Feb. 2020, has sat because of Covid and shut down production of a new travel trailer.  Trailer is here now, and we have discovered that we do not have the 4 Extra Sensors for the Trailer. Our Advanced Trailering System on the truck shows space to add the trailer on the screen and the tpms for the truck tires is functioning.  I have the build sheet for this truck, but am confused as to which codes I should have.  This was a crazy purchase with this dealer buying from another dealer and us taking delivery late on a rainy night. Talked to the Sales manager this week and he says our build sheet doesn't show that we get them.  What should I be looking for?  He told me to order the part and gave me the part number.  I think he didn't want to deal with it. Help!!

30 minutes ago, MTU Alum said:

Option code PTT.  It's a small black box that connects behind license plate.  I believe you can add as an accessory if it didn't come from factory with it.

#iworkforGM 

No.  U1D Advance Trailering System gets you the trailer TPMS module.  PTT is the extra cost ($50) option that is a package of 4 sensors.  You have to have U1D to get PTT.  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2020&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21694&section=oi_def&page=6&butID=3

U1D Advanced Trailering System, includes checklist, trailer maintenance reminders, trailer security alerts, trailer mileage, tow/haul reminder, trailer electrical diagnostics and Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System module

Edited by newdude

34 minutes ago, DJ Stopenhagen said:

Bought a 2020 Silverado 2500HD LTZ in Feb. 2020, has sat because of Covid and shut down production of a new travel trailer.  Trailer is here now, and we have discovered that we do not have the 4 Extra Sensors for the Trailer. Our Advanced Trailering System on the truck shows space to add the trailer on the screen and the tpms for the truck tires is functioning.  I have the build sheet for this truck, but am confused as to which codes I should have.  This was a crazy purchase with this dealer buying from another dealer and us taking delivery late on a rainy night. Talked to the Sales manager this week and he says our build sheet doesn't show that we get them.  What should I be looking for?  He told me to order the part and gave me the part number.  I think he didn't want to deal with it. Help!!

Your truck has U1D Advance Trailering as standard equipment because its an LTZ.  On your window sticker, there would be a $50 option for trailer tire pressure sensors.  The option code for the sensor pack is PTT.  If its not there, you have to buy the sensors separate.    

Here are the sensors:  https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/wheels-and-wheel-components/trailer-tire-pressure-indicator-sensor-package-84338125?year=2020&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=High Country&trimId=523&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=6.2L V8 GAS&engineId=5920&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=106001

If your trailer takes the larger 5/8" valve stems, you will have to modify them.  https://nicholsmanufacturingandweldingservices.com/shop/ols/products/gm-valve-stem-for-tpms-sensor-rim-hole-size-625

Edited by newdude

28 minutes ago, newdude said:

Your truck has U1D Advance Trailering as standard equipment because its an LTZ.  On your window sticker, there would be a $50 option for trailer tire pressure sensors.  The option code for the sensor pack is PTT.  If its not there, you have to buy the sensors separate.    

Here are the sensors:  https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/wheels-and-wheel-components/trailer-tire-pressure-indicator-sensor-package-84338125?year=2020&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=High Country&trimId=523&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=6.2L V8 GAS&engineId=5920&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=106001

If your trailer takes the larger 5/8" valve stems, you will have to modify them.  https://nicholsmanufacturingandweldingservices.com/shop/ols/products/gm-valve-stem-for-tpms-sensor-rim-hole-size-625

Thank you for the clarification.  Of course it doesn't have it on the sticker. Shoot.  I was reading another post on here where Chevy put the Schrader  transmitter behind the rear license plate (which mine has) and more than one person reported that because it's behind the tin plate the receiver doesn't work.  wondering if I want to spend $300.

2 hours ago, MTU Alum said:

Option code PTT.  It's a small black box that connects behind license plate.  I believe you can add as an accessory if it didn't come from factory with it.

#iworkforGM 

He has the advanced trailering system, so he has the trailer TPMS receiver unit behind the license plate.  All he needs are the four TPMS sensors, which are not automatically included on 2020 trucks as they were on 2019 1500 trucks.  That's why they don't show up on the build sheet.  The dealer has the option of ordering their trucks with the sensors, but I imagine most don't, as most pickups seem to be grocery getters or don't get used for towing trailers.

2 hours ago, DJ Stopenhagen said:

Thank you for the clarification.  Of course it doesn't have it on the sticker. Shoot.  I was reading another post on here where Chevy put the Schrader  transmitter behind the rear license plate (which mine has) and more than one person reported that because it's behind the tin plate the receiver doesn't work.  wondering if I want to spend $300.

Mine reads my trailer TPMS sensors just fine.  GM knew going into this that there would be a license plate covering up the receiver and designed accordingly.

10 hours ago, DJ Stopenhagen said:

So far they seem to transmit fine for most everyone.  There is a 23 foot working distance however, so for example, if your rear most trailer axle is beyond that 23 foot distance from the bumper, or all the wheels are past that point, they might not read.  

Edited by newdude

23 hours ago, newdude said:

Thanks all for the information.  It appears (we didn't "order" this truck) the truck which the dealer had on the lot .  This truck has everything - the new all around cameras, onboard everything built into it.  Just not the stupid $50 sensors - which is what it would have cost if I ordered the truck to be built.  Here's the catch - $300 plus tax for the sensors, then pay someone else at a tire place to install them on the new trailer, an additional cost.

Here's the problem - our new trailer (Outdoors RV Manufacturing) comes with metal stems which is their new upgrade.  This unit is meant for off road which is why they finally upgraded to new stems.  These chevy ones are rubber.  so for the same cost I can purchase an aftermarket tpms system which also has temperature readings and either wire it or I see there are now solar ones that use an app on your phone.  It will cost about the same as the other way.  Geez nothing is ever easy, right?  thanks for your help

12 hours ago, DJ Stopenhagen said:

Thanks all for the information.  It appears (we didn't "order" this truck) the truck which the dealer had on the lot .  This truck has everything - the new all around cameras, onboard everything built into it.  Just not the stupid $50 sensors - which is what it would have cost if I ordered the truck to be built.  Here's the catch - $300 plus tax for the sensors, then pay someone else at a tire place to install them on the new trailer, an additional cost.

Here's the problem - our new trailer (Outdoors RV Manufacturing) comes with metal stems which is their new upgrade.  This unit is meant for off road which is why they finally upgraded to new stems.  These chevy ones are rubber.  so for the same cost I can purchase an aftermarket tpms system which also has temperature readings and either wire it or I see there are now solar ones that use an app on your phone.  It will cost about the same as the other way.  Geez nothing is ever easy, right?  thanks for your help

The GM trailer TPMS aren't rubber, they are clamp on metal style.  Rubber stems are for the vehicle itself.

640X640

Edited by newdude

On 6/25/2020 at 8:53 PM, DJ Stopenhagen said:

Have not seen a LTZ that did not have them. Look at your sticker they will be listed on it. If so make them give them to you. Also check your trailers size on valve stems. Most travel trailers have .625 stems. The ones that are given to you are .453 . They can be modified to work but there is only one place that does it. That is https://nicholsmanufacturingandweldingservices.com. There about 200.00 for 4. As I have found they are your only source as GM does not make them in .625. If you got 16 inch tires then they are probably .625. Good luck