Chevrolet Performance Intake & Exhaust Installed w/video

We installed the #ChevroletPerformance intake and exhaust on our 2019 Chevy Silverado

Here's the link to our written review. The video we shot to go with it is embedded into this post below it. Enjoy! 

https://www.gm-trucks.com/full-throttle-review-chevrolet-performance-intake-exhaust-installed/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Zane pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

My truck didn't come with this package, so I had it added to the deal (along with a few other goodies). I'm going to do the install myself. This definitely raised the excitement level a bit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Had the dealer do mine last week -ordered from GM accessories for 20% off and shipped to the dealer and chose the install option. The Total price for both was $2,200.00 and it looks like it came with the truck, and everything is straight and solid using the same mounting points. The dealer paperwork indicated that it is added to the warranty and also to the build for my VIN as a dealer installed option -so it may get added to book value. 

On 7/15/2020 at 3:02 PM, Glava2876 said:

Had the dealer do mine last week -ordered from GM accessories for 20% off and shipped to the dealer and chose the install option. The Total price for both was $2,200.00 and it looks like it came with the truck, and everything is straight and solid using the same mounting points. The dealer paperwork indicated that it is added to the warranty and also to the build for my VIN as a dealer installed option -so it may get added to book value. 

I did the same exact thing, only I got the black chrome tips so my factory tips are now null and void and just sitting on my garage storage rack. I also did the cold air intake and my MPG went up quickly on the highway drive home. Unfortunately when I hit those surface streets my happiness goes up when I put my foot to the floor then my happiness quickly goes away when I see that historical MPG drop.

I've been toying around with this idea, and saw a review on YouTube of a midnight edition Trail Boss. Apparently the midnight edition gets black exhaust shields. Is there anybody with a midnight edition that's willing to share their VIN so I could dig up the part number? I can't find it with GMpartsdirect, and my dealer had nothing either. Even the build and price tool on Chevy's website shows the exhaust shield going black when you click on the midnight edition package.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thought I would share my unique feedback. I just traded my 18’ in w/ a Borla ATAK on a 5.3. LOVED this exhaust. Sounded great. I just purchased my 2020 At4 w/ the performance exhaust & factory installed CAI on a 6.2. What a waste. It’s so quite. If what’s what your looking for- I still wouldn’t spend the extra money cause it sounds close to factory. If your going to spend the money get the Touring/S-Type/ATAK from Borla. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have the intake and exhaust installed from the factory.  Noticed the air filter was picking up a good amount of larger debris (bugs, leaves and such), so I decided to add a FilterWears pre-filter, as I have them on almost everything else I have.  Took some measurements (5" diam top, 6" diam bottom, 7.5" long).  Closest fitment I found was P/N K265 for K&N RC-5100 filter.  Rolled the dice.  Ends up fitting snug, but perfectly.  They did send me the wrong color (ordered red to match the filter), but I'm sure they'll make it right.  

https://filterwears.com/products/filterwears-pre-filter-k265-for-k-n-air-filter-rc-5100-57-1058-63-9023-57-9020?_pos=1&_sid=9bb52f367&_ss=r

There are other companies that make pre-filters for RC-5100.  Obviously can't speak to fitment of these, but I'm guessing you'd be alright. 

20200821_180154.jpg

Edited by Javier Telles
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How much real difference does the CAI and MAP calibration make?  I have the 2019 LT TrailBoss with the dual exhaust outlets, and did the muffler and flapper delete and straight piped it.  I have have the loudness and tone that I like, but wouldn't mind a boost with a CAI if it makes a real difference.  I have a K&N air filter and an Airaid MIT, and am wondering if the Chevy intake would be even better, being that it comes with an ECU reflash?

2 hours ago, SquireSCA said:

How much real difference does the CAI and MAP calibration make?  I have the 2019 LT TrailBoss with the dual exhaust outlets, and did the muffler and flapper delete and straight piped it.  I have have the loudness and tone that I like, but wouldn't mind a boost with a CAI if it makes a real difference.  I have a K&N air filter and an Airaid MIT, and am wondering if the Chevy intake would be even better, being that it comes with an ECU reflash?

GM's own website says the catback exhaust + CAI lead to a 10hp improvement on the 5.3L (13hp on the 6.2L). The GM CAI leads to a 13% increase in airflow on the 5.3L and 17% on the 6.2L. 

GM claims the CAI adds 2hp on both engines. 

I believe Rotofab claims better performance gains on their CAI than GM, mainly because their system does allow more airflow. I think. 

ETA: yeah, Rotofab claims 14hp gain from their CAI: https://www.roto-fab.com/roto-fab-2019-2020-chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-1500-cold-air-intake

Edited by econometrics

Hmmm... 2hp.  Not worth it.  My exhaust is straight piped so probably on par with the flow of the performance exhaust, being that it is just a cat back.

I would be hard pressed to feel 2hp on a motorcycle, let alone on a 4,000lbs truck.  Thanks for the info, sounds like I will save my pennies.

I dropped 2 tenths to 60 with the Roto-Fab so I would say their claims add up. 

The GM intake is more conservatively designed it seems. The ribbed intake tube and the dry filter eat up some of the gains that otherwise would be had.

• Like 1