Hi guys,

Recently got GMC Yukon Denali 2017 and was thinking of updating Navigation (mostly to get latest Speed limits). I started to google it and mostly got suspicious websites that are offering some kind of DVD disk for $150. Do I have to by this disk in order to update my navigations?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Mike. Anyone know when the new update comes out? Might spring for the 2020 version, but if the 2021 version comes out in like October, I'd rather wait for that one, even at full price.

• 2 weeks later...

My update arrived and took about an hour to complete the update with the car running.  Definitely added new map portions and POI's but still not as easy as my phone since you have to use the voice search function while driving.  Mine was original to the 2015 maps so I had a few years of data missing which is why I updated.

• 2 months later...

Can this update be applied to vehicles that do not have factory maps?

Such as when I click "NAV" I simply get a compass rather than a map?

I always use android auto with google maps anyways but I am curious.  I was previously told that it was a "different system" but I am skeptical of that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 8:55 AM, BlaineBug said:

Can this update be applied to vehicles that do not have factory maps?

Such as when I click "NAV" I simply get a compass rather than a map?

I always use android auto with google maps anyways but I am curious.  I was previously told that it was a "different system" but I am skeptical of that.

No, it is just an update to the factory system if it is already there.

9 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

No, it is just an update to the factory system if it is already there.

What is missing if it isn't present?  Is it a module of some sort or the programming?

I understand the way the system in my truck will work is strictly through onstar, which I am not subscribed too, otherwise you just get a large compass on the screen when selecting navigation.  I am also just curious as I use Android Auto for my navigation which works great otherwise.

6 hours ago, BlaineBug said:

What is missing if it isn't present?  Is it a module of some sort or the programming?

I understand the way the system in my truck will work is strictly through onstar, which I am not subscribed too, otherwise you just get a large compass on the screen when selecting navigation.  I am also just curious as I use Android Auto for my navigation which works great otherwise.

Wife does not have OnStar in her 2016 Tahoe and the factory Nav works just fine, so don't think it is needed. These are the RPO codes you would look for to see what you actually have in your rig.

IOS Audio system, 8" diagonal GMC Infotainment System, includes multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones, advanced voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, personalized profiles for infotainment and vehicle settings

IOU Audio system, 8" diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, includes multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones, advanced voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, personalized profiles for infotainment and vehicle settings

1 - Included and only available with (Y29) Infotainment Package I.
2 - Included and only available with (Y3I) Infotainment Package II.

IOT Audio system, 8" diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, includes multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones, advanced voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, personalized profiles for infotainment and vehicle settings. Includes greater memory.

U2L Radio, HD
1 - Included and only available with (Y3I) Infotainment Package II

UZ6 Audio system feature, 6-speaker system

UQA Bose Sound System premium 7-speaker system with amplifier in center console
1 - Included and only available with (Y3I) Infotainment Package II.

7 hours ago, BlaineBug said:

Think the biggest problem, is you have the IO5 HMI module and the not the IO6 which includes all of the bells and whistles.

6 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Wife does not have OnStar in her 2016 Tahoe and the factory Nav works just fine, so don't think it is needed. These are the RPO codes you would look for to see what you actually have in your rig.

IOS Audio system, 8" diagonal GMC Infotainment System, includes multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones, advanced voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, personalized profiles for infotainment and vehicle settings

IOU Audio system, 8" diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, includes multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones, advanced voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, personalized profiles for infotainment and vehicle settings

1 - Included and only available with (Y29) Infotainment Package I.
2 - Included and only available with (Y3I) Infotainment Package II.

IOT Audio system, 8" diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, includes multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones, advanced voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, personalized profiles for infotainment and vehicle settings. Includes greater memory.

U2L Radio, HD
1 - Included and only available with (Y3I) Infotainment Package II

UZ6 Audio system feature, 6-speaker system

UQA Bose Sound System premium 7-speaker system with amplifier in center console
1 - Included and only available with (Y3I) Infotainment Package II.

I have IO5 in the RPO code build list.

26 minutes ago, BlaineBug said:

I have IO5 in the RPO code build list.

You need the IO6 to have the factory Nav present. Do not think it is all that expensive to swap your 2.0 HMI to the 2.5 version (IO6) to have everything that was offered with it.

24 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

You need the IO6 to have the factory Nav present. Do not think it is all that expensive to swap your 2.0 HMI to the 2.5 version (IO6) to have everything that was offered with it.

Got it.  I assume that's the entire HMI module with the fan, behind the glove box-ish?

It's not a big deal, I was just curious.  Nothing wrong with Android Auto, plus the maps are always up to date.  However, if all I needed was a $100 software upgrade, well then that could have changed the equation (purely for S&Gs.)

Edited by BlaineBug