Shift to park message after shut down.

Same thing has happened on my ‘22 Silverado Z71 RST. Started around 30k miles. I’ve been following this thread, for over a year now, thinking maybe GM would come up with a fix. My switch was initially intermittent, happening only occasionally, no pattern to it…I pulled the cover off the steering column, bent the metal tab just enough to make more contact with the switch (careful not to break the plastic lugs holding it in the frame. I had to super glue it back). Well, last week it started all over, 55k miles now. But now the switch won’t work at all. I’m not paying the dealer to troubleshoot an alert that tells me to put the truck in park. 

So I cut and nutted the wires together.

Problem solved. Save yourself the hassle and money. Just don’t rely on your vehicle to tell you it’s not in park lol. 

I’m not your mechanic. 

For those curious, I did attach a pic of the numbers on the switch I cut off. If you can find the actual replacement, let me know. 

IMG_4589.jpeg

IMG_4590.jpeg

On 8/31/2024 at 7:59 PM, James Tiffin said:

Same thing has happened on my ‘22 Silverado Z71 RST. Started around 30k miles. I’ve been following this thread, for over a year now, thinking maybe GM would come up with a fix. My switch was initially intermittent, happening only occasionally, no pattern to it…I pulled the cover off the steering column, bent the metal tab just enough to make more contact with the switch (careful not to break the plastic lugs holding it in the frame. I had to super glue it back). Well, last week it started all over, 55k miles now. But now the switch won’t work at all. I’m not paying the dealer to troubleshoot an alert that tells me to put the truck in park. 

So I cut and nutted the wires together.

Problem solved. Save yourself the hassle and money. Just don’t rely on your vehicle to tell you it’s not in park lol. 

I’m not your mechanic. 

For those curious, I did attach a pic of the numbers on the switch I cut off. If you can find the actual replacement, let me know. 

IMG_4589.jpeg

IMG_4590.jpeg

I did the same, a year ago. Works great, Cost : $0