Seems to be some misunderstanding about the buttons on the wheel.

The button that sets the gap sensor is NOT what activates adaptive cruise (on the 1500 pickups that have the option installed). 

Adaptive cruise uses the same buttons as normal cruise for turning on, setting speeds, pausing cruise etc.

A long press of the button at the '9 o'clock' position can be used to change between cruise modes.

The one that can be tapped to disengage cruise without shutting it off or erasing the set speed. 

This is the button that shows a dial with an X thru it. 

The truck remembers which mode it was in the last time cruise was used.

When ACC is active, the gap button is used to adjust the following distance/time (it's actually time, so the faster travel results in more distance )

When ACC is not active (or the vehicle doesn't have ACC) the gap button adjusts the distance/time for the front collision alert warnings.

ACC is not available on the GM HD's. 

Forward collision warning is available on the HD's -- so they get the gap adjust button. 

Pickups that don't have ACC, but do have FCA will have the gap button.

Forward collision alert (and the 'gap' button was available on both LD and HD pickups for several years before ACC was introduced for the 1500's.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2020 at 11:11 PM, BigBru said:

Finally got my truck today. Love the color in person. Although it was raining like mad all day.

IMG-2127.jpg

This color looks really ugly on online configurator, but when I see posted member's photos I like it so much. 

Is there any ride quality difference comparing to 2500?