Wat's Up Gents and Ladies.   Just picked up my Brownstone metallic AT4 over the weekend.  Fully loaded.  Couple of questions hoping to find out if I can get any answers as it seems the salesman and dealer are conflicted.   Here they are if you guys can answer:

1. Does the AT4 come with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)?  The manual says available in LD model????   I have the AT4 Premium add on, the technology and safety add ons i.e; lane departure, blind spot detection, forward collision and emergency braking, etc.   It does not appear that I do have it, as the symbol for activating it (ACC) does not appear as I click thru instrument panel.  

2. The emergency braking forward collision assist.  How do I test this without rear ending someone....LOL

3.  Also, they gave me at dealer looks like battery cables for a second battery?  I would assume that it is for that, but it appears that I already have 2 batteries installed, one o the right side facing into engine from front and one on left looks like it is under fuse box?  If not where would the other battery go?

Other than that, I love this truck the best.  I got loads of compliments on the truck as well as color.  Hope someone could answer these questions I have.  Thank you

20200531_101523.jpg

Edited by jojo ma
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 1:38 PM, jojo ma said:

Wat's Up Gents and Ladies.   Just picked up my Brownstone metallic AT4 over the weekend.  Fully loaded.  Couple of questions hoping to find out if I can get any answers as it seems the salesman and dealer are conflicted.   Here they are if you guys can answer:

1. Does the AT4 come with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)?  The manual says available in LD model????   I have the AT4 Premium add on, the technology and safety add ons i.e; lane departure, blind spot detection, forward collision and emergency braking, etc.   It does not appear that I do have it, as the symbol for activating it (ACC) does not appear as I click thru instrument panel.  

2. The emergency braking forward collision assist.  How do I test this without rear ending someone....LOL

3.  Also, they gave me at dealer looks like battery cables for a second battery?  I would assume that it is for that, but it appears that I already have 2 batteries installed, one o the right side facing into engine from front and one on left looks like it is under fuse box?  If not where would the other battery go?

Other than that, I love this truck the best.  I got loads of compliments on the truck as well as color.  Hope someone could answer these questions I have.  Thank you

20200531_101523.jpg

@jojo ma, I'm also curious about this. My truck is a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 srw that has the adaptive cruise control button on the steering wheel but I can't ever get it to engage. Hitting the adaptive cruise button only seems to show the gap control adjustment. From reading the owner's manual, you're supposed to hold on the actual cruise control button and it should change the icon of the green cruise icon to actually have a vehicle in the icon rather than an arrow in the picture. But holding the cruise button doesn't appear to do anything for me except turn off my cruise control. Does your truck have the adaptive cruise control button on the wheel?

Let me know if you figure anything out on yours.

Alan

Edited by Alan Juden
Wrong user referenced @BigBru --> @JoJo Ma

I'm positive 2020 HD's don't have adaptive cruise on any trim level.

GM dropped the ball, they've had adaptive cruise on their large SUV's for years.

Its the one option I was really disappointed they don't have.

From what I understand it will be available on the 2021 Hd's.

I'm glad I saw this thread because I just picked up a 2500 AT4 a couple of weeks ago and thought my adaptive cruise wasn't working. I just assumed that since it had the button to adjust the gap, it should be working. I was afraid it had stopped working because I had my whole front tinted. Glad that wasn't the case

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 12:02 PM, Alan Juden said:

@jojo ma, I'm also curious about this. My truck is a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 srw that has the adaptive cruise control button on the steering wheel but I can't ever get it to engage. Hitting the adaptive cruise button only seems to show the gap control adjustment. From reading the owner's manual, you're supposed to hold on the actual cruise control button and it should change the icon of the green cruise icon to actually have a vehicle in the icon rather than an arrow in the picture. But holding the cruise button doesn't appear to do anything for me except turn off my cruise control. Does your truck have the adaptive cruise control button on the wheel?

Alan

No it does not have ACC, it seems a little confusing as you look at manual.  But I realized and researched, it does not have.   

• 4 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 12:02 PM, Alan Juden said:

Alan

I too have the same button and it does what you described.  I spoke to someone knowledgeable at the dealer and they told me the HD do not have Adaptive Cruise Control?   They said it was not good for towing?   Not sure why that is as they can perform a cut off when trtailer attached.  That is my only dissapointment.  My GF has a aRaptor and the feature is damn cool and useful on long rides.   You found out anything on your end?

1 hour ago, jojo ma said:

I too have the same button and it does what you described.  I spoke to someone knowledgeable at the dealer and they told me the HD do not have Adaptive Cruise Control?   They said it was not good for towing?   Not sure why that is as they can perform a cut off when trtailer attached.  That is my only dissapointment.  My GF has a aRaptor and the feature is damn cool and useful on long rides.   You found out anything on your end?

@jojo ma, I gave up trying after seeing the responses in here. I worked to get it working for a couple weeks and was never able to. It's just for your automatic braking :(