Hood Deflectors

Wiring connections are very easy. Read through this thread. 

FYI for all with this deflector or who are thinking about one.  Water/moisture CAN get into the end caps on the led light bar.  I was washing my truck with a regular garden hose, and water got into the ends.  It took about a week for it to dry out, then I used some clear silicone under the rubber end caps to try to seal it. No water in it yet.  I imagine a high pressure car wash will increase the likelihood of water getting into the light bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kchampagne said:

Wiring connections are very easy. Read through this thread. 

FYI for all with this deflector or who are thinking about one.  Water/moisture CAN get into the end caps on the led light bar.  I was washing my truck with a regular garden hose, and water got into the ends.  It took about a week for it to dry out, then I used some clear silicone under the rubber end caps to try to seal it. No water in it yet.  I imagine a high pressure car wash will increase the likelihood of water getting into the light bar.

1 hour ago, geddylee2112 said:

How easy was the wiring for that?  I am a complete idiot when it comes to wiring.

Refer to this post , super easy 

On 6/9/2020 at 7:07 AM, Marc L said:

What are the benefits to these? Are there "real" (noticeable) benefits, or do most people put it on for the looks?

They used to be formed to deflect the bugs over the cab instead of hitting the windshield. Now i think they are mainly to protect the hood from rocks damaging the paint. The old ones used to also cause issues with the wipers not working well due to the aerodynamic change. I now just get the clear 3M coating on the hood and fenders( I used to by hood deflectors for all my trucks).  

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any experience/pics of the EGR bug deflector? I just got the egr window visors and was thinking of adding the deflector as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have just installed the egr. It installs the same was as the stampede brand listed above. It's matte black which I like on my rst. I'm not a fan of the double cowl look on the tape ons have. Especially on red trucks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I just ordered the GMC accessory (Aeroskin II) from Gmpartswarehouse.com under p/n 19418021

I considered some 3M clear bra, but the jack wagons around here I just am not sure how great of a job they do. I've seen some pretty crappy clear bra installations recently. I'm ok with how the aeroskin II looks anyway. I had one of those GM smoked tinted ones on my old 2010. It held up great the whole 10 years I had it, but it is 10 years older technology as well as looks.

Came to $97 and change shipped. Autoanything, even with 20% off their Aeroskin II would come to $98 and change to the door. Coin flip, but at least I get GMC reward points since I am buying "GM" parts.  

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 1:19 PM, GA_LTZ said:

Does anyone have any experience/pics of the EGR bug deflector? I just got the egr window visors and was thinking of adding the deflector as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed this last night.  Kinda a PITA for 1 person and the truck already being lifted, and not like the video I watched, but I think th3 matte black looks great with the Red Hot

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2020 at 7:47 AM, TNTSilverado said:

That's a very unique color. Can't say that I have ever seen it. Would love to see a few more pics on it. Love the blacked out GMC logo.   I have a lot of that bronze look on my high country and it is really growing on me, I think this color would definitely do the same. NICE TRUCK.

Where/What is the power source for this one?