Metal trim clip removal

Normally, I don't usually have any problems removing interior dash and trim pieces. But I have had a hell of a time getting trim pieces that have the metal clips on them off. Like these ones...

https://www.amazon.com/ALLMOST-1994-2017-Interior-Clips-15748479/dp/B07HRWRMTC/

I broke off both of the plastic tabs on the trim piece on the lower passenger kick panel (trying to find a ground). I was trying to remove my A pillar to replace the dash speakers and I'm afraid to yank on it as I can see there is the same style plastic tab with metal clip.

What am I doing wrong?

nothing wrong really you just have to go slow and try to wiggle it out or get a small plastic pry bar or pick back there to help pop it out. the most recent few vehicles I have worked on from my RZR to my Grand cherokee and now the truck have all been quite bastardly with those metal clips, in years past they didn't grip nearly as tight, and the plastic used to be just a little more sturdy.  

23 hours ago, Greyhound6.2 said:

nothing wrong really you just have to go slow and try to wiggle it out or get a small plastic pry bar or pick back there to help pop it out. the most recent few vehicles I have worked on from my RZR to my Grand cherokee and now the truck have all been quite bastardly with those metal clips, in years past they didn't grip nearly as tight, and the plastic used to be just a little more sturdy.  

Yeah, I figured. I'm just all sketched out now. 

Here is the panel I broke the clips off of. 

xthy74g.jpg

Here are the two tabs that broke off. 

Usf8eeh.jpg

By the way there is a perfect ground spot in the kick panel directly below that fuse box. the floor threshold and the kick panel in mine were one piece popped mine up by the back of the seat and worked my way forward. 

I broke those clips off too. But I was replacing those sill pieces with the “Silverado” logo ones so I wasn’t really being too careful.

A lot of the plastic in these trucks is cheap junk, it doesn’t wear well or take to being removed repeatedly. 

19 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I broke those clips off too. But I was replacing those sill pieces with the “Silverado” logo ones so I wasn’t really being too careful.

A lot of the plastic in these trucks is cheap junk, it doesn’t wear well or take to being removed repeatedly. 

That’s actually the piece I was referring to in the picture. And for the same reason, utilizing the ground behind it. I pulled up the sill near the seat and worked my way forward. I was trying to slowly pull on it and eventually started pulling a little harder and then SNAP.