Choosing Wheels

Just got a 2020 Silverado crew cab custom truck. First ever truck and stuck on what size rims to throw on them. 20 or 22s? Don’t do much off roading but like the bigger tires.  Let me know what you guys think and what size you used on your trucks.

I just installed the Rhino running boards.

1738C240-20DB-49B4-9D8F-B996EA4657EA.jpeg

• Like 1

I would keep the wheel you have on. They look really sharp. Maybe put a slightly bigger tires.

Good luck. Nice looking truck. Looks very sharp comparing to my chromy LT.

Edited by Moend
  • Like 1

Thank you for the input. I really want to black everything out so that’s the main reason I’m looking into new wheels. And yea I got the short bed crew cab, bigger Cab to fit the family in. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new truck, and welcome to the forum.

Be a little bit more specific, do you want factory, aftermarket, what type of tires, what is your budget?

I was thinking after market wheels would be my best bet. But I was looking today that Chevy makes all black wheels!. I’m thinking 33in A/T tires. 

5 hours ago, CamGTP said:

20's will ride better than 22's in my opinion. More sidewall.

.02  all depends upon what you want and how it's used........22's ride better, but less performance.

Had 17"s, 18"s, 20"s and 22"s on my '07, '11, '12 Avalanches and '16 and '19 Silverados. Granted suspensions differed from coils to leafs.  In general the more aggressive the tread more noise, more slippage in turns on wet pavement, the larger the sidewall the smoother but more sloppy the ride especially in sharp hairpins and emergency maneuvers. 

Very little off roading and very few potholes and road hazards....even thh gravel and crush-and-run roads fairly well maintained......no more crapo NY/NJ traveling. So this time went for the 22"s with less aggressive treads, less noise, smoother on paved roads, but harsher on rough roads and above all better in performance. When new seemed to hop more than my '16 Z71 which had aggressive treads, but with a road force balance and 5K of suspension break in....the harshness disappeared, no more rear axle hopping.....in fact none at all even on the same roads and in peel outs from a turn. And the performance is well worth any detractions from a narrower sidewall......the R22/275 Bridgestone Alenzas give a nice controllable ride, necessary in the '19s with their heavy raking & larger turning radius............no more rear axle breakouts or tire sliding in a fast U-turn......and performance in rain soaked roads is exceptional.

6 hours ago, CamGTP said:

20's will ride better than 22's in my opinion. More sidewall.

I would agree with this statement. I went from 22" snowflake wheels on my last truck to 18" wheels on this one and the ride is much better. I would try to find some of the 20" factory black wheels.

Just go onto wheelpros.com and plug in your truck. They have a ton of aftermarket wheels, and OE creation wheels that are half the price of OEM wheels. 

I have also had 17's all the way up to 22's and the bigger the sidewall the better the vehicle will ride. With that being said. I will sacrifice "a little" ride quality for bigger 22 inch wheels. I love the looks of them, and too me, the ride is not very noticeable.  

You have a nice wheel. I would take them to a paint shop and have them painted. Just my 2 cents.

Aftermarket wheels = garbage

You want less wheel and more tire on these trucks. 20's with 35" tires or 17/18's with 33's is what you want. 

Get some more aggressive looking tires and you would like your wheels a lot better.  Aftermarket wheels are for poors/posers...

On 5/24/2020 at 10:30 PM, Moend said:

I would keep the wheel you have on. They look really sharp. Maybe put a slightly bigger tires.

Good luck. Nice looking truck. Looks very sharp comparing to my chromy LT.

Agree...

I think it looks awesome, some contrast is very nice.......all blacked out is so drab IMHO. 

Very sharp truck