All lights mod with selectable fogs

There have been a few post on mods including tying the cargo light to the reverse and tying fogs to the parking lights (but that mod makes the fogs on all the time and I don’t normally drive with my fogs on with others on the road). So I have 2 detailed mods below.  Like the rest, you will need an appropriate diode. I used the 1N004. Remember, the stripe on the 1-way diode shows which direction it blocks. 

36D698B7-DB5E-4C2E-84CA-952504C7B9F1.png

1) Like the K2 mod where the fogs are still selectable while low beams are on But come on automatically with the high beams (ironically it is also the same pin locations and wire colors of the K2 series) 

CC087508-AE2E-4EC5-86CC-CD33115C9318.jpeg

2) The other part makes this truly an all forward light mod for the T1 as it also includes the mirror’s task lights to also turning on automatically with the high beams. DID NOT WORK SINCE THE TASK LIGHTS STILL TURNED OFF WHEN TRUCK IS PUT IN DRIVE.  I will keep working to find a solution for the task lights to stay on. 

DE68F5C3-1E78-4934-9D20-CD5A1E8E2207.jpeg

Edited by EXSlider400
  • Like 1

1) For the fog light mode:BE007062-3CED-44FF-AD18-56F0FD616789.jpeg

213F1B45-B23F-4F61-9AEB-14860AD3F652.jpeg

683B1217-475B-458A-A3BB-D182640143C2.jpeg

2) For the task light mode:

(Did not work but leaving it posted as it may help someone or save them some time from trying it)
I made an extension for the diode With some extra material I had since the brown and blue plugs are so far apart. Technically I don’t think a diode is needed for the task lights being tied to the high beams but I already had the material. Without a diode the high beams would just cut on when the task lights are activated. 

21D9F011-2D76-4273-B1C7-23A79CBFA0BB.jpeg

CE244C99-7F14-421F-AFF3-82E05A4B263C.jpeg

4154CF32-045E-431D-B04E-2D085135198B.jpeg

50E6BC3D-CF92-4D8A-97E8-010200815E3F.jpeg

CA017E3B-E722-450E-BA97-7D4B5F07D52D.jpeg

Edited by EXSlider400

Had to disconnect the task light diode as they still turn off when the truck goes to drive. But still have the fog light one in. 

The other issue is that the mirror’s task lights cycle just like pushing the button. So the first time you turn the brights on they both come on...then the next cycle is one side, then the other, then off. So even when you go from bright to dim they don’t change since the action of turning on the brights acts as pushing the task light button. Task light orientation does not reset when turning the light selector knob from auto to manual, but it still resets when the truck is restarted. 

BA6BD968-2F97-49F1-8ABB-83351BA40E60.jpeg

38975605-E23F-415A-9080-AB5A8471C49C.jpeg

DBBBFBD2-573F-4EA7-B846-74E82244C9B3.jpeg

Edited by EXSlider400

43 minutes ago, EXSlider400 said:

There have been a few post on mods including tying the cargo light to the reverse and tying fogs to the parking lights (but that mod makes the fogs on all the time and I don’t normally drive with my fogs on with others on the road). So I have detailed mods blow. Like the K2 mod where the fogs are still selectable while low beams are on But come on automatically with the high beams.  The other part Is not required but makes this truly an all light mod for the T1 as it also includes the mirror’s task lights to also come on automatically with the high beams. Like the rest, you will need an appropriate diode. I used the 1N004. Remember, the stripe on the 1-way diode shows which direction it blocks. 

CC087508-AE2E-4EC5-86CC-CD33115C9318.jpeg

DE68F5C3-1E78-4934-9D20-CD5A1E8E2207.jpeg

36D698B7-DB5E-4C2E-84CA-952504C7B9F1.png

Do you know if there is a way for the fogs to come on with the drl as well. Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, Gerstein1989 said:

Do you know if there is a way for the fogs to come on with the drl as well. Thanks. 

I would try to tie it into X5 (brown plug) #7. Diode stripe on #7 then other side to the fog light #10. This may work... but it it doesn’t then it is on you. I always disconnect the battery when messing with electrical. Using the posted charts you can also tie other items together like the turning on lights with parking lights or cargo with reverse. 

Edited by EXSlider400

(but that mod makes the fogs on all the time and I don’t normally drive with my fogs on with others on the road).

Why? They hardly put out any light and are more decorative than functional. Turn those babies on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

Why? They hardly put out any light and are more decorative than functional. Turn those babies on.

Courtesy to other drivers. And my point exactly if they don’t put out a lot of light then why put them on if it’s going to just make a glare for other drivers especially those in lower vehicles like cars. I use to drive with my fog lights on all the time but that’s before LEDs were a thing. Just like the people who put The wrong type of LEDs in a halogen housing yeah it’s right but it also blinds everybody else by scattering the light. 

Edited by EXSlider400

Courtesy to other drivers. And my point exactly if they don’t put out a lot of light then why put them on if it’s going to just make a glare for other drivers especially those in lower vehicles like cars. I use to drive with my fog lights on all the time but that’s before LEDs were a thing. Just like the people who put The wrong type of LEDs in a halogen housing yeah it’s right but it also blinds everybody else by scattering the light. 

The cutoff is actually pretty good and I don’t think it’ll cause any glare at all. The lumen output is seriously lacking for them to be functional, in my opinion.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

What year?

2019 but after some research we are going to just do the Forscan. I wish GM has something like that where we can change BCM functions for cheap. 

2019 but after some research we are going to just do the Forscan. I wish GM has something like that where we can change BCM functions for cheap. 

Same. Forscan was amazing on my 2015 f250. It had even more functions on my buddy’s 2019. Like enabling a feature that doesn’t allow the shifter to be moved if the key isn’t in the vehicle.

Why does GM allow that to happen???

• 2 months later...