Door check clunking

Hi everyone. Just curious if any of you have noticed your door check clunking as it rolls into the first and second position when opening/closing? My Sierra is a year old and the drivers door started a couple days ago. Any suggestions? Cheers

31 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

What is a door check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The rod that stops the door from flying completely open and bending/breaking everything.

A random picture for reference.

door2.jpg

It’s not loose where it bolts to the cab. Sounds like the roller is clunking in the depressed spots when passing over. I know it’s not a big deal. Maybe some white lithium grease? 

My wife's 2018 had this, and she didn't notice the "clunk". I opened the door and bam immediately knew it was a loose bolt and used a 10mm socket and tightened it. Watch the mechanism an if you see slipping it needs to be tightened.

Edited by crazyjoefound

Mine was doing this and grease did not help.  I think it is actually making the "pop" noise where the pin attaches the door catch to the part that bolts to the body.  What I did to fix it was loosen remove the 10mm bolt, put blue loctite on it, and re-tigthen while making sure there is a bit of tension on the pin.  So far so good....

I tried back out the bolt on the body and loosen/tighten the ones on the door with no success. Will try a bit of white lithium grease and see what happens. If it doesn’t quiet down I will have the dealer replace it. 

I tried back out the bolt on the body and loosen/tighten the ones on the door with no success. Will try a bit of white lithium grease and see what happens. If it doesn’t quiet down I will have the dealer replace it. 

I’d probably bite the bullet and have them replace it. Not wasting my time greasing a brand new door every month.

Hi, all. If you are still experiencing concerns with door noise, we recommend reaching out to your dealership. Our team is happy to help facilitate an appointment. If this of interest, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

Hi, all. If you are still experiencing concerns with door noise, we recommend reaching out to your dealership. Our team is happy to help facilitate an appointment. If this of interest, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

And when the dealership tells us to kick rocks?

• Haha 1