AT4 VS ELEVATION

On 5/14/2020 at 7:05 PM, Ferrari Eater said:

Which one do you prefer? 

287230779_ScreenShot2020-05-14at6_04_53PM.thumb.png.f4dffcd1c641cc1259bece2aea8c2ae7.png

1377223887_ScreenShot2020-05-14at6_08_34PM.thumb.png.6cd08a411386e683662dd1cee92ac677.png

your AT4 build is very similar to what I order, my sticker was $61,500 (i think)  only thing different is I order the off road side steps instead of those that are shown on your build.  Go with the AT4, you wont be disappointed, I'm 800 miles+/- into mine and it tops any truck I've ever owned

Just bought an AT4 last week.  The Elevation was not even on my consideration list since you can't get the 6.2L engine. The AT4 checked all my boxes, and not having a ton of chrome helps too!

Absolutely love the truck! Can't be happier with my purchase.

it is true.....buy the interior of vehicle not the exterior ( except motor and tranny if that's applicable).....suspension and tires are easy

if manfcr/dealer is selling it is for profit not performance in off road category

like anything, research and spending time before you buy is so beneficial....AT4 is a much better value than TB and if necessary sometimes you just have to get the stuff you don't want to get some you do, and if you get smokin deal who cares at that point

but I would always buy the interior and base model if it was significantly cheaper....

if i could save 10k and get same truck/interior in base 4x4 i would in a heart beat.....spend 5k on some really great suspension componets and come out 5k ahead with a much better performing truck.....not always the case but a most times it is exactly the case

Edited by Dunn

On 5/19/2020 at 11:42 PM, Dunn said:

it is true.....buy the interior of vehicle not the exterior ( except motor and tranny if that's applicable).....suspension and tires are easy

if manfcr/dealer is selling it is for profit not performance in off road category

like anything, research and spending time before you buy is so beneficial....AT4 is a much better value than TB and if necessary sometimes you just have to get the stuff you don't want to get some you do, and if you get smokin deal who cares at that point

but I would always buy the interior and base model if it was significantly cheaper....

if i could save 10k and get same truck/interior in base 4x4 i would in a heart beat.....spend 5k on some really great suspension componets and come out 5k ahead with a much better performing truck.....not always the case but a most times it is exactly the case

I think generally speaking, that's good advice. For me, I want the locking differential that comes with the elevation trim, so if I went SLE instead, I'd have to pay for the X31 to get the diffential, some ranchos I'm swapping anyways, and some skid plates I don't really need.Then I'm back where I started plus I still don't like all the chrome. I think GM did a good job of breaking down the packages this time around. The elevation gets me the look and mechanicals I need without having to buy the AT4 trim or X31 package.

I watched a video on YouTube (can't remember which one) where one of the engineers discussed the lift on either the AT4, the Rebel, or the Jeep/Gladiator or something like that. Basically the question was similar to posted here in this thread: "why do you put 'garbage' suspension/lift on these trucks" and one of the comments from the engineer was that they have different obligations to fulfill vs a DIY guy in his garage; specifically he mentioned crash test ratings, but he went in more indepth.

Personally I think both those trims look great. Definitely caught my eye while I was looking for a truck. Kinda like asking "who is more beautiful, Kierra Knightly, Emma Watson, or Diane Kruger?" The answer to that question is "yes."

12 hours ago, the wanderer said:

I watched a video on YouTube (can't remember which one) where one of the engineers discussed the lift on either the AT4, the Rebel, or the Jeep/Gladiator or something like that. Basically the question was similar to posted here in this thread: "why do you put 'garbage' suspension/lift on these trucks" and one of the comments from the engineer was that they have different obligations to fulfill vs a DIY guy in his garage; specifically he mentioned crash test ratings, but he went in more indepth.

Personally I think both those trims look great. Definitely caught my eye while I was looking for a truck. Kinda like asking "who is more beautiful, Kierra Knightly, Emma Watson, or Diane Kruger?" The answer to that question is "yes."

First choice: Emma. Second choice: Kiera.

Bought my AT4 almost two weeks ago. The Elevation is a great looking truck but I wanted the 6.2L engine and the Tech Package. Absolutely love the truck and to me it's worth the extra $$. SLT is a great value but didn't want all the chrome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deBruin said:

Bought my AT4 almost two weeks ago. The Elevation is a great looking truck but I wanted the 6.2L engine and the Tech Package. Absolutely love the truck and to me it's worth the extra $$. SLT is a great value but didn't want all the chrome.

Tech package and 6.2 are both reasons why I’m going to get the AT4. 

1 hour ago, spizike9 said:

Tech package and 6.2 are both reasons why I’m going to get the AT4. 

You will love the tech package. I didn't think much about the cameras initially but I use them a lot now.

• Like 1