Blackvue or any Dashcam hardwired on GMC sierra 1500 AT4

Did anyone install their Dash cams or specifically Blackvue Dash cam hardwired so that it can record during parking mode. I removed my setup from my old 2016 Camaro connected using Power Magic Pro . Can someone provide guide so that i can connect it to fuse box. I tried searching for videos on youtube but couldnt find any

Power magic pro.png

• 2 weeks later...

Gen5diy.com has an adapter that plugs into the switched rear view mirror power that's behind the trim. Has the option for a radar detector and a 12v lead, which I used to power my camera. Works great and provides a super clean install.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2020 at 10:26 PM, Moloc325 said:

Gen5diy.com has an adapter that plugs into the switched rear view mirror power that's behind the trim. Has the option for a radar detector and a 12v lead, which I used to power my camera. Works great and provides a super clean install.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I do have that adapter to connect my radar, but the extra leads that came with it will turn off after you turn off the engine and i want my cameras to run atleast 24 hrs in parking mode too

On 5/21/2020 at 1:59 PM, the-wild-moose said:

I used the passenger side fuse panel. F23 for Accessory and F46 for battery and it works great. IMG_1588.HEIC 1.62 MB · 236 downloads

did the same thing after checking the image you posted and i have tried setting options both 12v , 12.5v and power on for 24 hrs/36 hrs. but the cameras are turning off after few hours. Whats the volt on our trucks and did you have any similar issue like mine?

9 hours ago, Chay Dommeti said:

did the same thing after checking the image you posted and i have tried setting options both 12v , 12.5v and power on for 24 hrs/36 hrs. but the cameras are turning off after few hours. Whats the volt on our trucks and did you have any similar issue like mine?

I have mine on 12v/Infinite with no issues. I’ve only been driving my truck about two miles per week due to Covid so it’s not running the camera in parking mode most of the time these days. But if I drive enough to top off the battery the parking mode easily goes all night. I’ve never paid attention to the max time though. I have it set to motion detection. Do you have it recording all the time in parking mode?

0E389387-86C7-46C0-8F11-B9425726EDD7.jpeg

On 8/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, the-wild-moose said:

I have mine on 12v/Infinite with no issues. I’ve only been driving my truck about two miles per week due to Covid so it’s not running the camera in parking mode most of the time these days. But if I drive enough to top off the battery the parking mode easily goes all night. I’ve never paid attention to the max time though. I have it set to motion detection. Do you have it recording all the time in parking mode?

0E389387-86C7-46C0-8F11-B9425726EDD7.jpeg

I think that was the reason, even i am driving only once a week these days. I have my parking mode set to 36 hours and then i switched it to 24 hrs and it shutsdown in 12 hrs or so, didn't have exact track of the timings

• 8 months later...
On 5/21/2020 at 1:59 PM, Z71-Like-A-Cadillac said:

I used the passenger side fuse panel. F23 for Accessory and F46 for battery and it works great. IMG_1588.HEIC 1.62 MB · 342 downloads

I was unable to find what components f23 runs in the truck. The label “Misc R/C” doesn’t say much, nor can I find anything online specifying what is ran from this fuse. Do you know what this fuse runs?

16 minutes ago, jd1664 said:

I was unable to find what components f23 runs in the truck. The label “Misc R/C” doesn’t say much, nor can I find anything online specifying what is ran from this fuse. Do you know what this fuse runs?

I have no idea what it runs but it works great for the dash cam. 

• 10 months later...

Hi all, I have a 2022 GMC Sierra 3500HD and want to hardwire my Blackvue 900x.

Using an electrical tester pen on the passenger side fuse box, none of the fuses illuminate whilst car is running, on accessory mode or off.  Whereas on drivers side fuse box the fuses do indeed illuminate on my electrical tester.

is this normal?  Suffice to say the camera is not powering up.  But doubt it’s the entire fuse box because things in my truck are working

BA6281FA-A3D1-463E-A2A3-0F6EEC340DF9.jpeg

3367B1AA-387F-4BA3-8B8A-234ECA8FB9CD.jpeg