Remote lock, horn doesn't sound

I'm bringing this one back from the dead.  I bought my truck new 4 years ago.  2020 Trail Boss LT.  Since day 1 I've had the horn functional when using the remote.  Remote locking is my preferred method. Over the last few weeks I've noticed my horn has been getting quieter and quieter when I lock my truck.  It's now to the point where you almost can't hear the horn.  I don't think the horn is failing as it still works as if it's new when I push on the center pad of the steering wheel.  Battery seems to be fine as the truck has no issues starting, even though the battery is the original battery in the truck.  Even auto start/stop still works at traffic lights.  Does anybody have an idea of what the issue could be?

On 7/19/2024 at 11:57 PM, Transient said:

I'm bringing this one back from the dead.  I bought my truck new 4 years ago.  2020 Trail Boss LT.  Since day 1 I've had the horn functional when using the remote.  Remote locking is my preferred method. Over the last few weeks I've noticed my horn has been getting quieter and quieter when I lock my truck.  It's now to the point where you almost can't hear the horn.  I don't think the horn is failing as it still works as if it's new when I push on the center pad of the steering wheel.  Battery seems to be fine as the truck has no issues starting, even though the battery is the original battery in the truck.  Even auto start/stop still works at traffic lights.  Does anybody have an idea of what the issue could be?

We are sorry to hear of this concern you have been facing with your vehicles horn and would like to take the time to investigate further for you. Please send us an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We look forward to your email. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just so everybody is aware, I have not heard back from GM Customer Service after sending an email as requested.  Frankly, I'm not surprised.  Dealerships follow the example provided by corporate leadership.  I buy GM products because I'm familiar with them.  That alone creates a comfort level.  Should it break I'm able to fix it with bubblegum and bandaids.  I will fix my own horn issue in my time, and it'll likely be a superior fix to what GM itself would've done.  I'm not one to be satisficed (it's a business term that means "good enough").  My satisfaction comes from a job being done right the first time.  And, it's not like vehicle horns are expensive.  The only disappointment I have is that I had a spec of hope that GM would actually care about me, the customer, for once in its existence.  Oh, well.  It is what it is, and inaction is an action.  This will be remembered. 

Edited by Transient
typo

This thread makes me wonder about a horn issue I have.  When I get out of the truck and leave it running, I get a horn cheap to let me know the keys have left the vehicle.  Of course it happens right when I’m in front of the truck, for maximum annoyance.  Is there a way to shut that off?