Remote lock, horn doesn't sound

Hi,

I have a 2019 Silverado and as of today the horn doesn't beep when exiting the truck.  It also stopped when using the remote.  The settings say horn should be go off.

Any help would be appreciated? 

Thanks, Jerry

33 minutes ago, Gangly said:

Reset the settings in your Radio and try again?

Wouldn't I have reset all of my settings in my infotainment if i do this?

Drove the truck and all seems to be working, except now the button on my doors don't unlock my truck .  Everything is set correctly in settings.  Is there a fuse for the outside buttons to unlock the truck?.

Thanks, Jerry

Edited by Lyons00

1 hour ago, Lyons00 said:

Drove the truck and all seems to be working, except now the button on my doors don't unlock my truck .  Everything is set correctly in settings.  Is there a fuse for the outside buttons to unlock the truck?.

Thanks, Jerry

Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the FOB for three seconds.  The lights will flash twice to let you know its enabled.

6 hours ago, Lyons00 said:

The settings say horn should be go off.

Well there is your problem right there!  Change it to go ON.  Off means off, as in no beep beep!  On = BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!  

• 2 months later...

2020 1500 Silverado horn does not sound when locking with fob. Setting is correct - lights and horn when locking but only the lights flash. Tried other settings hoping that running through them would somehow reset but still no horn on horn only and/or lights and horn. And yes the horn does honk when you press on the steering wheel. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster57 said:

2020 1500 Silverado horn does not sound when locking with fob. Setting is correct - lights and horn when locking but only the lights flash. Tried other settings hoping that running through them would somehow reset but still no horn on horn only and/or lights and horn. And yes the horn does honk when you press on the steering wheel. 

Are you hitting the lock button twice? If you hit the button on the fob once, only the turn signals flash. If you hit it twice, the horn sounds and the turn signals flash. 

I had to go into the infotainment vehicle settings to turn the horn beeping off. Due to my wife dropping a bag of groceries while walking away from the satin steel metallic sexy beasts horn chirping and led headlights reflecting off the neighbors bright colored house literally turning this section of my street into daylight. The horn is loud. Very loud. And the led headlights. Are very bright. I feel bad for a smaller vehicle that’s in front of me at night. Those are bright. 

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, VRod08 said:

I currently have the same problem with the horn and lights not working when locking the vehicle. Did Chevrolete disable this feature? I’m driving a 2017 Chevrolte Silverado LT. 

Thanks 

Lance

As mentioned in the second post above yours, did you try pushing the fob's lock button twice?