WheelsASAP's GMC AT4 build thread

WheelsASAP.com

So as a new member and supporting vendor I thought - what a better way to get to know the community then by sharing my personal build. The purpose of this build is to also get to know the wheel and tire limitations of the AT4 so that we also make better fitment recommendations thru our site for those looking for Trailboss and GMC AT4 Wheels. We've already revised our database to reflect some data I've gathered from lurking this forum in addition to other Trailboss and AT4 communities but it's also important that I run some test fits myself.

Thus far I've only done some light modding such as the tints which consists of matching front and 50% on the windshield and also blacked out the trim around my GMC badges with Plastidip.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thus far I love the truck but my dog is not feeling the fact that only the tip of his nose pokes out the window when standing in the rear with the seats folded up LOL. I guess I'll have to get him some type of steeping platform.

Do you guys have dogs? If so how are they getting along with your trucks?

spacer.png

On order are the CarbonPro Black AT4 badges and getting installed today is the following:

• 18x8.5 +0 Black Rhino Rotary Forged in Brushed Gunmetal
  • 295/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3
  • ReadyLift 1.75" Level Lift

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

From the data I have gathered I predict I'd need some minimal trimming and that's ok as I was fixed on running a 34" at minimum. Once the build starts coming together I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

Edited by txab
Corrected tire size.
  • Like 2

• txab changed the title to WheelsASAP.com's GMC AT4 build thread

Nice setup.

Keep the pics coming.

I got two dogs but they are small. One is a 11 lb. Pomeranian and a 6 lb pom poo. They like riding on the back seat when I have them both or if I only have one them they ride up front on the center console.

10 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Nice setup.

Keep the pics coming.

I got two dogs but they are small. One is a 11 lb. Pomeranian and a 6 lb pom poo. They like riding on the back seat when I have them both or if I only have one them they ride up front on the center console.

I may just put a cover on the bottom portion of the seat and let him ride. I need to figure something out though. In my 4Runner he'd fit perfect out the back window with the seats folded down.

Ok so here's an updated pic without the level lift installed. As I had assumed there is some trimming going to be required upfront but I'm going to wait till the lift in installed to really dive into that. But from what looks like it's going to be a minimal job. Beside my truck is my partners Denali on 22" Asanti ABL-15 Apollo Wheels on the stock tires.

On the way to the shop to get the level installed should have it back in the morning and will be trimming then. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

So the shop wrapped up the lift and I made some time to do the trimming necessary. I'll document the required trimming later as I took a bunch of pictures which I feel will be of help to others in the same scenario.

The ReadyLift rides really smooth no noticeable difference from the factory ride and the Falken Wildpeak AT3 are an improvement in ride quality coming from the Nitto Ridgegrappler on my previous vehicle. 

Here's the final build. I'll take some more pics this week.

Lift: 1.75″ Readylift 

Wheels: 18x.8.5 Offset: 0 (Black Rhino Chase)

Tires: 295/70/18 (Falken Wildpeak AT3)

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Do you think these wheels with 0 offset and stock 275/65/18 Duratracs would rub on an AT4?

How close is the color to the Satin Steel Metallic?

Your build looks so good.  I was about set on Method mr701 with 18 offset in matte black, but those Black Rino’s look so good with this truck.

1C75EB4E-342E-467C-A586-C4DFCA5A55F2.jpeg

• txab changed the title to WheelsASAP's GMC AT4 build thread