Kicker Speakers in Multi-Pro Tailgate

My AT4 came with the Kicker stereo package in the tailgate step. While it is a pretty cool concept,  I'm a little disappointed in the sound. Has anyone upgraded the speakers? If so, what did you opt for? 

I was thinking about possibly marine (boat) type speakers?

1C9ADB77-9759-45E0-9A6B-B8C62F3C35BA.heic

I have 2019 AT4 Carbon Pro - came with same speakers- also very disappointed with the sound - mine also has already been replaced under warranty (6 months in).

If the speakers can be replaced - might also need to upgrate amp - would be very interested to see how much better it would sound with improved speakers.   Looking on cruthfield there are a lot of a marine grade option that might fit.

Let us know if you take apart to see if you can swap speakers out.  Concept is good - sound is really poor - especially when you can buy a wireless speaker that is 12" in size that sounds 10 times better for 1/4 the cost - that offers all the same features and you can use it more than just next to your truck. 

I would not recommend anyone add this to their truck or pay the $800 option cost to GM for this system from a dealer - it is a dealer installed item - so they can take it out and you can save yourself $800 - get a few quaility wireless speakers, better flexibility and better quality sound! 

But if you want the convience of it you can buy at shop Chevy parts for $559 - 

Link: https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2019-sierra-1500-multipro-tailgate-audio-system-kickerreg/19417163-p-92303047.html

Amp & Loom.jpg

AMP & Wire Loom.jpg

Kicker Speaker Panel.jpg

Kickerk.jpg

Edited by Supercup
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I paid $530 during a Memorial Day deal from a reseller via eBay and installed them on Friday.  After reading so many complaints about them on these forums, my expectations were low but I went ahead and bought them anyway.

I actually really like them.  They get extremely loud, which makes sense for 100W (50W per channel).  This is far more than most portable bluetooth speakers.  They are light on base of course and are certainly expensive, but they serve their purpose, look cool, and are very convenient.

Assuming they last a while, I'm happy with the purchase.

Edited by Maverick0984
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

My pickup came with the kicker tailgate speakers. I don't know how it happened but my left speaker sounds like it is blown. I rarely use it but I had an opportunity last weekend -- sounds terrible and so I had to shut it off. I've had the truck for 13 months so I'm guessing I'm out of warranty. Any suggestions for replacing?

4 minutes ago, Cokerush said:

My pickup came with the kicker tailgate speakers. I don't know how it happened but my left speaker sounds like it is blown. I rarely use it but I had an opportunity last weekend -- sounds terrible and so I had to shut it off. I've had the truck for 13 months so I'm guessing I'm out of warranty. Any suggestions for replacing?

warranty is 3 years - 36 months on truck - kicker should be covered under that - if issues is not from abuse, your dealer should cover it.  I had mine replaced on my 2019 due to "intermittent" connection - sometimes it would and sometimes it would not.  Dealer said they had replaced them for a number of different reasons.

So I would start with your dealer - good luck! 

14 minutes ago, Cokerush said:

Don't new trucks come with a 36 month/ 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty?