Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

2 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Once again, I didn't mean to get us off track and I appreciate that people will have opinions that differ from mine.  I continue to wok on getting my home in order to allow me to maximize my travel and family time when we  move on from this pandemic!  

Same group every time. 

:shakehead:

Wait for it>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Like 1

Once again, I didn't mean to get us off track and I appreciate that people will have opinions that differ from mine.  I continue to wok on getting my home in order to allow me to maximize my travel and family time when we  move on from this pandemic!  
You didn't get anything off track and nothing to apologize for. I appreciate that you realize people have different thoughts and opinions and don't get all upset and run away scared from conversations. Certain individual is to weak emotionally and mentally to handle stuff like "words". Keep on saying what you want and giving your opinion. The smart people are ok with that.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't know what the purpose of this thread is. Conversations are organic in the sense they change over time. Is it really off track if it happens naturally? Feel free to keep doing You. It's one of the benefits of living in a free society.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Alot of freedom going on in Texas. I love when states treat their people like adults that can make decisions. Decisions that they are comfortable with.

It’s been feeling normal in Texas for quite some time. With the exception of the major cities. In the areas outside of the cities mask are requested or required to get in the door. And taken off at the tables only in some areas. On a good note. My brother in law who got laid off from a company he worked for 30 years. Was offered a position back at a reduced salary. At 55 he’s feeling fortunate. After waiting 6 weeks to get unemployment and cashing in some of his 401K he made it through. I feel for younger people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of us have found ourselves with extra home time regardless of our views on masks, vaccines and politics   I believe most people will take advantage of this extra time at home to do projects or activities that they wouldn't have done if Covid19 didn't happen.   This morning, as an example, I watched my grandson make a live presentation to his class in Texas. (I live in Canada)  Covid19 has forced me into a much higher level of comfort with media technology.  The Canada/USA border has been closed to regular travel for a long time as a result of Covid19.  It doesn't matter whether I agree with mask use or not, the border is still closed.    A year ago, being part of an early morning Zoom call was an event I'd only hear about.  Now, it is as routine as a phone call.  The more I have advanced myself in Technology the more I have allowed myself to declutter my electronic treasures.  It allowed me to let go of that 25' 24 pin printer cord I've been saving! 🙂

• Haha 1

Many of us have found ourselves with extra home time regardless of our views on masks, vaccines and politics   I believe most people will take advantage of this extra time at home to do projects or activities that they wouldn't have done if Covid19 didn't happen.   This morning, as an example, I watched my grandson make a live presentation to his class in Texas. (I live in Canada)  Covid19 has forced me into a much higher level of comfort with media technology.  The Canada/USA border has been closed to regular travel for a long time as a result of Covid19.  It doesn't matter whether I agree with mask use or not, the border is still closed.    A year ago, being part of an early morning Zoom call was an event I'd only hear about.  Now, it is as routine as a phone call.  The more I have advanced myself in Technology the more I have allowed myself to declutter my electronic treasures.  It allowed me to let go of that 25' 24 pin printer cord I've been saving! [emoji846]

I might be coming across the border here in the next month [emoji51]. Seems the rules are starting to change frequently and it is fun keeping up on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Many of us have found ourselves with extra home time regardless of our views on masks, vaccines and politics   I believe most people will take advantage of this extra time at home to do projects or activities that they wouldn't have done if Covid19 didn't happen.   This morning, as an example, I watched my grandson make a live presentation to his class in Texas. (I live in Canada)  Covid19 has forced me into a much higher level of comfort with media technology.  The Canada/USA border has been closed to regular travel for a long time as a result of Covid19.  It doesn't matter whether I agree with mask use or not, the border is still closed.    A year ago, being part of an early morning Zoom call was an event I'd only hear about.  Now, it is as routine as a phone call.  The more I have advanced myself in Technology the more I have allowed myself to declutter my electronic treasures.  It allowed me to let go of that 25' 24 pin printer cord I've been saving! [emoji846]

I have a old 6 speaker stereo that’s hooked to the TV. It also has a sound bar. Recently I was using my iPhone and wanted to hear a tribute on it. While looking for a connector to the old stereo. I remember a blue tooth speaker I bought for my old truck. After it was all said and done I removed the old stereo and speakers. It was apparent technology had move to the point. The sound bar and blue tooth speaker was of the same quality as the old bulky stereo. I have to blame that more on the Texas freeze than covid spare time.

• Like 1

It’s been feeling normal in Texas for quite some time. With the exception of the major cities. In the areas outside of the cities mask are requested or required to get in the door. And taken off at the tables only in some areas. On a good note. My brother in law who got laid off from a company he worked for 30 years. Was offered a position back at a reduced salary. At 55 he’s feeling fortunate. After waiting 6 weeks to get unemployment and cashing in some of his 401K he made it through. I feel for younger people.

Great to hear that the brother in-law was offered employment. With no more mask mandates and everything can open in the state hopefully more people are offered employment.

• Like 1

Great to hear that the brother in-law was offered employment. With no more mask mandates and everything can open in the state hopefully more people are offered employment.

My daughter who’s a barber. Hasn’t worked in that field since March. She unfortunately started a new job just a few weeks before the covid stuff started. Being the last hire, first to go. She’s has been working in the temporary field mostly baby sitting. She’s interviewing today, fingers crossed. The rest managed to stay employed.

My daughter who’s a barber. Hasn’t worked in that field since March. She unfortunately started a new job just a few weeks before the covid stuff started. Being the last hire, first to go. She’s has been working in the temporary field mostly baby sitting. She’s interviewing today, fingers crossed. The rest managed to stay employed.

That just sucks. I am sure it was rough being hired then let go right away. All these people that want to work and will work hard just can't get anything. Hopefully it works out for her.

• Like 1

Apparently allowing people to regain their freedom after a 90% decrease in cases is “Neanderthal thinking”. What an ass. This is how we never move on from this.
No freedom is the game plan. It's the direction we are headed. We are not suppose to actually move on from this. If we do something else will be used as a reason to crank the freedom back down. You will hear words like "its for everyone's safety" "it's for everyone's benefit" " it's the best for the country". The words used everytime by people that want full control of the masses.

• Like 2

Worry about a perceived loss of freedom/control may be something people do more of  with their extra spare time.  This pandemic has impacted everyone.  Depression is something I've fought with  since I was cut off from in-person contact with my children and their children.  A paraproskokian 😉 I sometime use is, "When the going gets tough, some quit."   I pride myself in adhering to the proper part about, "The tough get going".  Or, lemons and lemonade may be more appropriate.  Today, my wife and I are going to declutter our closet.  This is something I cannot remember ever doing with her but she promises it will give me room for new stuff for when we can seriously shop.  Throughout this pandemic, I've woken up in the morning with a specific and measurable goal. The unknown and  the resulting worries of this pandemic can be distracted.  Please share things that you have done or plan to do with the extra time generated by the pandemic.  Your idea or discovery may help another member.  I bet you I helped many learn a new word today; like I did yesterday!