Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

6 hours ago, BIGDOGx said:

California is on another level right now, Cities like L.A. are downright dangerous today, the place is a disgusting dump!

I have no idea how anyone can afford to live there. I had an offer to work in California, one of three sites,  by taking a transfer from another Chevron site in the 80's. Pay was the same no matter which transfer I took. I could buy a home and a new car in Texas or I could put my my family of five in a two bedroom apartment at three times the cost in Cali. Texas it was. Easiest decision I've ever had to make. Oh and moving to El Paso...I still had beach front property. :crackup:

10 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I have no idea how anyone can afford to live there. I had an offer to work in California, one of three sites,  by taking a transfer from another Chevron site in the 80's. Pay was the same no matter which transfer I took. I could buy a home and a new car in Texas or I could put my my family of five in a two bedroom apartment at three times the cost in Cali. Texas it was. Easiest decision I've ever had to make. Oh and moving to El Paso...I still had beach front property. :crackup:

Well that is going to change, i seriously don't see how anyone can't stomach living in any of their larger cities today, if you watch only tv media you are not getting the full picture of that state right now and how damaged it really is. Disgusting what the politicians have done to the place, it is criminal imo as much of the states problems are self inflicted and perpetuated by a less than brilliant voting base that allows it to continue to take place.

And Grumpy i hate to tell you but many of these morons who helped bring California to this state of disfunction with their votes, now can't stand it themselves, and guess what state they are moving too....

• Like 1

Well that is going to change, i seriously don't see how anyone can't stomach living in any of their larger cities today, if you watch only tv media you are not getting the full picture of that state right now and how damaged it really is. Disgusting what the politicians have done to the place, it is criminal imo as much of the states problems are self inflicted and perpetuated by a less than brilliant voting base that allows it to continue to take place.

And Grumpy i hate to tell you but many of these morons who helped bring California to this state of disfunction with their votes, now can't stand it themselves, and guess what state they are moving too....

There’re already in cities. The crime and restrictions are already increasing . I have a few relatives in real-estate in the country. Business is booming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yup. People flee one state and then vote to bring the same policies to their new state. You hope these people connect the dots, but they simply don’t want to. They live a fantasy. After all, these are the same folks who handed “Cuomo the slug” an Emmy, and praised his Covid response. I know some of us here were screaming the truth from day one and getting ignored. Same for this downright disgusting closure of schools. Always get proven right in the end. But it’s a shame it takes so long. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIGDOGx said:

Which state?

Confusion?

Did I win something?

:crackup:

It's been said that the first automobile race happened when the second car was made.

There were only a few people on the planet when the first murder took place.

The first corrupt deal happened with the first human ruler.

The first corrupt verdict with the first human judge.

Humans were enslaved before the first child was born.

It's been spreading for about six thousand years.

A thing, by definition is corrupt or it isn't. 

I guess the only difference where one stands in a pig pen full of crap is how deep is it were you're standing?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Which state?

Confusion?

Did I win something?

:crackup:

It's been said that the first automobile race happened when the second car was made.

There were only a few people on the planet when the first murder took place.

The first corrupt deal happened with the first human ruler.

The first corrupt verdict with the first human judge.

Humans were enslaved before the first child was born.

It's been spreading for about six thousand years.

A thing, by definition is corrupt or it isn't. 

I guess the only difference where one stands in a pig pen full of crap is how deep is it were you're standing?

Texifornia.?

• Haha 1

There's no beach in El Paso, unless you consider the Rio Grande River beachfront property

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A) Utah
B) Idaho
C) Montana
D) Texas
E) All of the above

Yup. People flee one state and then vote to bring the same policies to their new state. You hope these people connect the dots, but they simply don’t want to. They live a fantasy. After all, these are the same folks who handed “Cuomo the slug” an Emmy, and praised his Covid response. I know some of us here were screaming the truth from day one and getting ignored. Same for this downright disgusting closure of schools. Always get proven right in the end. But it’s a shame it takes so long. 
I recently linked an article to my wife that had a doctor stating herd immunity will possibly not happen. My wife said, "So why wear masks at all?" The brilliance of the question made me realize she finally switched from Team Feel Good to Team Intelligence. She's an APN.

• Like 1

I'm going to wait the vaccine out until it's proven to actually stop transmission. If it doesn't then no point for me to get it. I haven't gotten the virus yet and I doubt I will. If I do get it, then I get it, and will be fine, not worried. Plus now they are looking into making booster shots to help with effectiveness and the new strain.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to receiving a vaccine for Covid.  Thankfully, our recent brush with the virus had negative test results.  I became a little hyper-focused on the virus over the past week or two and find there is considerable evidence that all of the approved vaccines in US and Canada are highly effective in reducing spread.   I once was apprehensive about receiving an  injection of stuff that was developed and approved so quickly  under a lot of public pressure.  Now, it can't come soon enough!  I hope those still struggling with masks and/or vaccines use their spare time to study the pros column and help us open up our borders!  I have children and grandchildren to visit!  A morning coffee at The Woodlands Sonic with another forum member or two is also on my list of post-pandemic activities!

• Thanks 1

That's interesting I would like to read some of the studies saying this. All the studies that have been released and peer reviewed says the vaccines may stop the transmission but they just not sure or how much. A few reserchers say that is why the focus shouldn't be on not spreading it, but should be on not getting the virus and is why everyone needs to get the vaccine. It's also why even if you get the vaccine, mask and distance protocols still need to be followed.

The failure part of this, is all the money, research, and focus is going to prevention. What about medication to easily fight the virus if somebody gets it. Vaccine or not people are still going to get it.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Was lucky I knew lots of people who got the vaccine. So when it became available for me I wasn’t apprehensive anymore. I never got a flu shot. Strangely there seems to be no flu so far this year. So far I don’t know anyone joining the cast of the walking dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk