Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

If this keeps up with some of these posts, I'll just merge the two threads. Keep Covid posting in the other thread. Let this one be for what the topics is, not discussing C-19,20, masks, vaccines,controlling, being controlled etc... It still amazes me how the same people keep repeating over and over and over and over again the same info. Doubt anyone's opinion has changed over the last 9 months nor will it change

Again you've got your Covid talk thread keep it there. Not everyone wants to read the same arguments in multiple threads.

According to PMs I get, you're driving some people people away from reading these threads.

Edited by txab

5 hours ago, Donstar said:

Are you finding any unique Covid19 spare time activities?  

Unique? Not so much unique as infrequent. (Yea, I know you weren't talking to me but.... ? )

I read more. Think more. Write more. Pay attention more. Pray more. Filter more of all of the previous. Lord I eat more.... :)

Been doing this thing where I read a chapter of the Bible and then deep dive each verse. I could not believe how much can be learned in just the first two verses of Genesis. Cross references and study notes. 

Reminded me of a passage in Robert M. Persig's "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". Some experience he had about asking his class to write a story about the front of some building in town. A student with writer block he instructed to reduce the task to writing about just the upper left hand corner brick. BOOOOM!!! Just poured out of the student. 

Likely of no interest to anyone else but I enjoy it. 

*Posts removed*

Again topic is what are you doing in spare time for those that have a comprehension problem. Again you have another thread in which to continue to beat this pretty much dead horse issue.

Edited by txab

10 hours ago, Bash74 said:

Its called discourse, during spare time.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Do it in the other thread then. You post the same in both already.

Simply, let the other thread concentrate on Covid since it went off topic too far back and y'all seem to have the need to fret over this subject. Let this thread be a respite from Covid as much as it can be

Edited by txab

10 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Unique? Not so much unique as infrequent. (Yea, I know you weren't talking to me but.... ? )

I read more. Think more. Write more. Pay attention more. Pray more. Filter more of all of the previous. Lord I eat more.... :)

Likely of no interest to anyone else but I enjoy it. 

I appreciate txab keeping this thread on track and I apologize if I triggered some discontent. 

There are constantly changing and often geographical influences on how we spend our time when compared to previous years or earlier months of this year.  Like you, I've read, researched and thought more in the past two months than I have in years.  The initial feelings of guilt driven projects have all but disappeared!  I've repeated how my immediate environment is safe so I like to study why individuals get fired up in a direction opposite to mine.  I have found it to be quite cathartic.  You can remember as well as I how we had to agree or disagree with a person's viewpoint based on what s/he said or by  the positional power the person held.   There was the information available but access was cumbersome and often not worth the effort.  The challenge now is discerning the good information! (aka Critical Thinking) 

57 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I appreciate txab keeping this thread on track and I apologize if I triggered some discontent. 

There are constantly changing and often geographical influences on how we spend our time when compared to previous years or earlier months of this year.  Like you, I've read, researched and thought more in the past two months than I have in years.  The initial feelings of guilt driven projects have all but disappeared!  I've repeated how my immediate environment is safe so I like to study why individuals get fired up in a direction opposite to mine.  I have found it to be quite cathartic.  You can remember as well as I how we had to agree or disagree with a person's viewpoint based on what s/he said or by  the positional power the person held.   There was the information available but access was cumbersome and often not worth the effort.  The challenge now is discerning the good information! (aka Critical Thinking) 

When we interact with people in person, especially those we see frequently we become educated and accustomed to there sense of humor, unique use of vocabulary, body language and perhaps more importantly we know something of the life that molded them, unvarnished which tells us intention. We tend to forget that this in not possible behind a keyboard in a forum of strangers. It would be nearly impossible to know what triggers a really obtuse reaction in someone when what we have said is so innocuous that it wouldn't have the same effect on the next 99 other people we said that too. 

IMO? Don't be so hard on yourself. You meant no harm. Some of these guys find telling you what you mean, what your bias and inclination are some sort of Covid spare time hobby. Ya know, like the kid that likes to give you a wet willy just to see if you will do ANYTHING about it. Then get all offended when you do. Lord...:rolleyes: You continue to do good. ? 

Back on topic here guys.

What do I do in my spare time?

Find ways to piss away money on my truck. I'm up to around $2000 this month[emoji471]

Spent more on my wife's Christmas present so I'm good[emoji2957]

Now I'm eyeballing one of those center console swaps[emoji3166]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My sister in law sent us a big screen projector, screen, popcorn, dvds, to entertain our grandkids as a Christmas present. I had no idea how easy all that is to set up. Had a blast watching the thing last night. I was up half the night thinking how I was going to re-arrange the (bedroom) media room. Didn’t need the screen the wall worked great. To think the money my relatives spent on media rooms. Can’t wait to show me son. Hee Hee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The excitement is mounting for Christmas!  I can't remember a time when I've felt so prepared!  We have a grandchild in NZ so we start with virtual gift exchanges tomorrow.  Having the unwrapping play out on our 65" flat screen is actually quite remarkable and I'm thankful to live in a time where this is even possible!

First day of winter yesterday and we received our first snowfall of the year!  My early preparation in purchasing a snowblower proved to be a good decision.  I was able to get 8k steps plowing the driveways of  neighboring seniors without the side effect of a sore back inherent from shoveling snow!   While I was out with my new snow blower(thrower) a friend asked my wife, "What did he give you?".  She said the snowblower was also a gift for me 'cause it gets him out of the house for a few hours!   As I said to my brother, "On Sunday I was riding my Twin Cam 96 and on Monday I fired up the Shovelhead!" 

• Haha 1

The excitement is mounting for Christmas!  I can't remember a time when I've felt so prepared!  We have a grandchild in NZ so we start with virtual gift exchanges tomorrow.  Having the unwrapping play out on our 65" flat screen is actually quite remarkable and I'm thankful to live in a time where this is even possible!
First day of winter yesterday and we received our first snowfall of the year!  My early preparation in purchasing a snowblower proved to be a good decision.  I was able to get 8k steps plowing the driveways of  neighboring seniors without the side effect of a sore back inherent from shoveling snow!   While I was out with my new snow blower(thrower) a friend asked my wife, "What did he give you?".  She said the snowblower was also a gift for me 'cause it gets him out of the house for a few hours!   As I said to my brother, "On Sunday I was riding my Twin Cam 96 and on Monday I fired up the Shovelhead!" 

I can’t get over watching TV on my iPhone. And being able to hook up to it and use it as a cable box and transfer to other tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My spare time is being used up on the wife talking about the new electric Hummer I reserved for her. Almost missed out but got in just in time for the EV Edition 1 version. I am probably going to hate it and it's limitations being electric, but we will see.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bash74 said:

My spare time is being used up on the wife talking about the new electric Hummer I reserved for her. Almost missed out but got in just in time for the EV Edition 1 version. I am probably going to hate it and it's limitations being electric, but we will see.

Looking forward to hearing the review