Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

John 15:13 (Byington)

"Nobody has a greater love than this, that one should lay down his life for his friends."

Roman 5:7 (AMP)

Now it is an extraordinary thing for one to willingly give his life even for an upright man, though perhaps for a good man [one who is noble and selfless and worthy] someone might even dare to die.

It's a long way to 'Do as you see fit" [emoji6] 
I have already physically died for 4 others and I mean actually declared dead. Now I do as I see fit for my loved ones. Me and them also think the same. We take care of ourselves first as we see fit then take care of each other. Others can do as they see fit for their loved ones, and others for theirs, and so on and so on.

I will also lay down my life for my friends, key word is friend, but that is still how I see fit.

You act like doing as you see fit is only a bad thing even though everything you do you do as you see fit. It could be a bad thing or a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

A few months ago we upgraded our TV to a 65" with easy to use smart options.  It completely fills the wall above the fireplace and between two windows.  It fills the space so completely over a black tiled fireplace that it appears the wall was built around the television!  There was a brief period of time when people chose their screen size based on the size and configuration of the room.  Now, we simply choose the biggest that will physically fit!  The beauty of a large, good quality, screen is your ability to immerse yourself in what you're watching.  I've found myself in the habit of watching YouTube for half an hour before bed.  Instead of drifting off under the spell of a good book, I find myself doing such things as travelling the Interstates of the US in an unaffordable motorhome or shopping for the perfect truck.  I particularly like the video's of "everyday people".  It is enlightening to watch how others prioritize their life's efforts.   I could own a beautiful Class A diesel pusher and be a full time RV'er but then I would have to give up my cozy home.  Living vicariously through my TV friends can save a lot of money!  Travelling via TV is about as fulfilling as visiting via Skype. They both don't come close to the real thing, but try to imagine what adhering to pandemic restrictions would be like without them?

Edited by Donstar

I spent 10 years living the RV life while working out of town. I was willing to do it again if the wife wanted after retirement. I was relieved when she said no thanks. She did experience some of that already. I can see if you join groups and hit destinations together and stay awhile the advantage, maybe. I bought a condo instead at a preferred destination. I rented it through vacation rentals. It paid for itself. It doesn’t get more relaxing driving a car to a destination and arriving to your own place. The money I saved not owning an RV paid for my vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a three year old root canal re-done.  It was no more fun than the first time!  Somebody wrote in another thread that he'd rather have a root canal performed on every tooth than to replace a transmission in his gm truck.  All I could think of is either he or my dentist is doing something wrong!  I'd trade in my truck if it was a choice over a transmission replacement or my past dental experience!   I must say that once this pandemic is history, I hope our awareness of virus transmission remains.  The precautions at my dentist and doctor's offices have been very comforting.  I worry about catching something at the best of times but feel safer now when visiting these places!  

Edited by Donstar

3 hours ago, Donstar said:

I worry about catching something at the best of times but feel safer now when visiting these places!  

Father-in-law got MRSA in a hospital. My dad peritonitis after surgery. People go there with 'bugs' and leave them. 

:eek: 

Doc tells me that 'Now that you have the time, take the time to work on yourself". For me this has direct results on the amount of pain and mobility in/of my lower back. Loose some tire, do some stretching, some treadmill work; really helps the old back out. Way to easy to sweat pants coach potato yourself into all sorts of health trouble. 

12 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Doc tells me that 'Now that you have the time, take the time to work on yourself". For me this has direct results on the amount of pain and mobility in/of my lower back. Loose some tire, do some stretching, some treadmill work; really helps the old back out. Way to easy to sweat pants coach potato yourself into all sorts of health trouble. 

I'm having good success with a pedometer.  It is surprising how with minimal effort the numbers and mobility improve. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bash74 said:

Two things i have been wondering. I don't see how Covid caused people to gain and become overweight. Also why have people waited till Covid to take care of themselves. None of it seems logical.

Covid19 has brought significant changes to the activity level and routines of a large number of people.  In my case, I was retired when the pandemic hit so I'd already tackled the work loss change.   Part of my post retirement routine included swimming 2-3X per week.  The local facility was closed for a significant amount of time which resulted in a change.  I also liked to browse and shop in stores and malls. 

(It was not uncommon in pre-pandemic times to see individuals getting their heart-rate up by mall walking.) The pandemic forced me to reduce my "outings" to minimize contact.  Mental health has also taken a wallop on my routines.  In one month it will be a year since I've had an in person visit with a son/daughter/grandchild.  The motivation and calories spent visiting via my laptop isn't a huge fat burner in comparison.   I am not obese but do have physical challenges. These are simply a few personal examples to assist in your understanding.  It is no effort for me to empathize/understand how this pandemic has impacted the health of many individuals.  I use my personal experiences to appreciate there is a lot I don't see,, and compared to many, I appreciate that I'm very lucky.  

• Like 1

Covid19 has brought significant changes to the activity level and routines of a large number of people.  In my case, I was retired when the pandemic hit so I'd already tackled the work loss change.   Part of my post retirement routine included swimming 2-3X per week.  The local facility was closed for a significant amount of time which resulted in a change.  I also liked to browse and shop in stores and malls. 
(It was not uncommon in pre-pandemic times to see individuals getting their heart-rate up by mall walking.) The pandemic forced me to reduce my "outings" to minimize contact.  Mental health has also taken a wallop on my routines.  In one month it will be a year since I've had an in person visit with a son/daughter/grandchild.  The motivation and calories spent visiting via my laptop isn't a huge fat burner in comparison.   I am not obese but do have physical challenges. These are simply a few personal examples to assist in your understanding.  It is no effort for me to empathize/understand how this pandemic has impacted the health of many individuals.  I use my personal experiences to appreciate there is a lot I don't see,, and compared to many, I appreciate that I'm very lucky.  

You must live in an area with awful weather. I visit at risk people outside. When I visit my elderly father in law instead of staying at his house I get outside lodging. Then visit in his garage with separation or outside. No reason not to visit. My school age grandkids visit all the time. We just don’t hug on each other. I keep hand sanitizer at the door. Not seeing my family isn’t an option.

23 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

You must live in an area with awful weather. I visit at risk people outside. When I visit my elderly father in law instead of staying at his house I get outside lodging. Then visit in his garage with separation or outside. No reason not to visit. My school age grandkids visit all the time. We just don’t hug on each other. I keep hand sanitizer at the door. Not seeing my family isn’t an option.

Yes, if I lived where you live, I'd be with three of my grandchildren everyday! ?   We are definitely into some harsh weather but I've only missed my 10k step daily goal once in the past wo weeks and that was because of 2 1/2 hrs lost in the dentist's chair!

Yes, if I lived where you live, I'd be with three of my grandchildren everyday! [emoji846]   We are definitely into some harsh weather but I've only missed my 10k step daily goal once in the past wo weeks and that was because of 2 1/2 hrs lost in the dentist's chair!

I can’t do more than 4,000-6000. My hips drive me crazy. Probably from my first 30 years in a clearing tractor. My back too. Normal if I don’t push it, painful if I do.

I was very excited this week as Mrs. Donstar said that a new truck could be a higher priority than when the topic was first brought up many months ago!  We have had a lot of time to focus on matters that we have control over and know that a new truck always brings me great joy!  My wife is a very selfless individual and finds pleasure in making others happy, including me!   I am always prepared for such a moment and keep a couple of potential buys in the cross-hairs.  One is a truck I can currently "afford" and the other is a truck I'd purchase if I won the lottery.  The caveat is the difference between my trade and the new truck will need to be financed. In other words, the enjoyment of a new truck has to be weighed against the flexibility of our monthly income over the next few years!  When life was busy, I wouldn't give a second thought to signing on the dotted line!   Now, the thought of giving up a truck that meets all of my needs for a newer version c/w monthly payments is a poor deal, imo.  I think my wife knows me pretty well and her strategy to get me to quit whining about a new truck is proving effective!    

• Haha 1