Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

31 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Work smarter not harder emoji23.png. Depending on the snowfall amount I also shovel. Last year I used the snowblower twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, amount and how wet determine my tool of choice. Gets real ugly I have a neighbor with a tractor. 

New spare time project. Dryer broke down after 21 years and 1 month. Thermal limit switch failure. Wife was chomping at the bit to toss a grand at a new Speed Queen and I put her fire out with a $10 part. My bad....

I WILL pay for this injustice. 

:crackup:

8 hours ago, txab said:

Great link, thanks!  The picture showing the progression of battery operated shovel to large two stage snow blower illustrates how my purchasing decision progressed. The cost of the shovel tempts me to purchase it in addition to my new snow thrower! It does pay to shop around.  I was able to get $169 price match reduction from Home Depot on my recent purchase.  It arrived yesterday afternoon and all I need now is fresh fuel and snow!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

New spare time project. Dryer broke down after 21 years and 1 month. Thermal limit switch failure. Wife was chomping at the bit to toss a grand at a new Speed Queen and I put her fire out with a $10 part. My bad....

I WILL pay for this injustice. 

:crackup:

Well at least she knows which brand to buy, one of the only left that still makes a decent machine but even speed queen one repair guy told me they are also no longer the cats meow, better than most, but not the tanks they use to be. Washers and dryers use to be a once every 20 year purchase, those days are long gone.

• Like 1

Yesterday I had a biopsy of an unwanted head decoration.  It was relatively painless but my Doctor said I'd probably be cursing at him later.  I thought very little of it for the rest of the day but this morning my demeanor has changed dramatically! ;-(   I mention this event because of how this unfolded.  A month ago, I requested an "in person" visit with my Doctor as I had a concern that went beyond a phone appointment.  My concern was quickly dismissed when my Doctor looked at it and it actually disappeared the next day.  However, while my Dr. was talking to me he noticed something that did cause him concern.   I am not worried but I think it appropriate to remind ourselves to not let Covid19 be an excuse to avoid taking proper care of ourselves. I found a visit to the clinic to be less stressful than ever as  Covid19 protocols made it an impenetrable fortress of germ defense!   I'm actually striving for self improvement to the degree that I'll be better coming out of it than I was last January! There is very little you can't accomplish while adhering to Covid19 protocols.  Most of us even have extra time to accomplish more!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Well at least she knows which brand to buy, one of the only left that still makes a decent machine but even speed queen one repair guy told me they are also no longer the cats meow, better than most, but not the tanks they use to be. Washers and dryers use to be a once every 20 year purchase, those days are long gone.

We still use a local Ma/Pa appliance store in downtown Sycamore Illinois. Paulsen Appliance. Nice people that stand behind their products better than a box store and carry the higher quality lines of a brand. The ones I've looked as are built head and shoulders above the normal name brands and even this brand lower line sold at Lowes. 

Dad bought mom a Norge washer/dryer when her Maytag wringer washer refused to die but she refused to roll it in the kitchen any longer. Both were tanks and the only two sets I ever remember her having. She was still using that Norge when my kids started having kids. 30-35 years servicing a family of seven. 

This was just a fun read. Norge is #5 on this list. 

https://www.reviewed.com/laundry/features/5-extinct-appliance-brands-that-died-too-soon

• Like 1

We've gone into some much more restrictive measures due to rapidly increasing Covid infection numbers. This is good news for those of us consistently practicing Covid19 protocols.  The great thing about lower numbers is contact tracing can be accurate and there is little room for people to argue that safe practices are ineffective!  Now, those that don't follow will have more incentive!  So, in response to even more home time, my favorite friend of 40+ years and I got the Christmas decorations up from the crawl space and then put up the roof lights.  (Our house is a single story on a flat property so no big deal.)  We now will spend the next few days with yard decorations.  We have no excuse but to make our home the brightest, happiest house ever!  It is ironic that we will have no visitors but our house will look its most welcoming!  We were the first on the block to have our roof lights turned on last night and you can be sure others will soon follow. I hope everyone will re-allocate their  reduced social Christmas activities to other cheer promoting ventures!  BTW.  This is not meant to be smarmy but it helps us.  When given the choice of who we most want at the Christmas table, our answer was each other.  We both have our first choices staying for Christmas and we're going to make it the best ever.  Don't make the mistake of moping about who is not in your household.  Be thankful and focus on him/her/them! 

We usually have mass gatherings for the next few months up to the super bowl. This year we’re doing shifts starting Monday. One family at a time until Saturday. I’m personally not afraid of the bug. In about two weeks we do one of our trips to visit my father in law who’s soon to be 90. Even though he not concerned.
. He rather not be alone. He birthday is January. There’s consideration of waiting till then. We planned for both. He wants both visits. He’s not your typical old guy he’s a hoot. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk