Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

I was in my local CPAP supply store struggling to find a comfortable mask for my newly diagnosed sleep apnea.  The lady assisting me was wearing a covid type mask and I would definitely be doing the same if I had her job!  I remember the awkwardness of wearing a mask for covid and then how it felt strange not to be wearing one.  I sure hope the cpap experience becomes normal for me!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I was in my local CPAP supply store struggling to find a comfortable mask for my newly diagnosed sleep apnea.  The lady assisting me was wearing a covid type mask and I would definitely be doing the same if I had her job!  I remember the awkwardness of wearing a mask for covid and then how it felt strange not to be wearing one.  I sure hope the cpap experience becomes normal for me!

nasal mask works well for me, less restrictive and comfortable. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 7:58 AM, customboss said:

nasal mask works well for me, less restrictive and comfortable. 

I'm striving to keep my mask as minimal as possible.  Currently the Nova micro is working for me but I'd prefer headgear that can be put on with one hand because of an upcoming shoulder surgery.

• Like 1

Before covid, it was an odd occurrence if we saw someone wearing a surgical mask.  Now it is not noticed.   I wonder if cpap masks will ever become common and stop appearing so much like the wearer belongs in hospital!   We have friends and house guests who have been on cpap therapy but I have never seen someone hooked up.  My wife is delighted that she now enjoys a quiet night and worry free about my breathing.  However, I'm sure laying next to a 70 year old man hooked up to a breathing machine challenges the "romantic" part of sharing a bed!

• Haha 1

There was a note on my optometrist's office door yesterday asking all patients to wear masks in the office.   Nobody wants to see my face!  Wearing a mask in a Doctor's office is certainly a non-issue after experiencing my CPAP introduction!  if you've been recommended to begin CPAP therapy, buy your equipment from a certified store that offers a trial and support.    I've read that there is about a 50% quit rate for people starting this nightly routine.  I'm sure the success rate is far less if you try this therapy without support.  Protesting the wearing of a CPAP mask hurts you and your family.  There is a good chance you'll seriously decide to quit several times before you settle on a suitable setup and you'll be glad you had the opportunity to try different setups and have professional advice.

• Thanks 2