Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

My Doctor works in a clinic with several others.  Sometimes, I'll make an appointment with first available doctor or a locum if my regular is booked up.  Yesterday, I visited a new to me Doctor and she was outstanding.  She recently returned to family practice after a long and prestigious career in medicine.   I left her office feeling better about myself than I have in years.  There is nothing wrong with my regular Doctor but it was a treat experiencing a superstar in action.  I have worried about achieving a balance between hypochondria and early detection.  I never want to hear, "You should have reported this earlier."  Finding a physician that will truly listen and consider all of your concerns as important is uncommon  but when you find one, you'll know it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a covid booster last week. (I am aware of the reported pros and cons)   Certainly less of an ordeal than the lineups when vaccines were first introduced!   It is interesting how people will lineup and pay dearly for something that is difficult to get and not bother when supplies are plentiful.  I could go out and buy myself an EV, stop for a Covid booster and pick up 100 rolls of TP this morning and not stand in a single lineup!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

In a couple of weeks we're having a mini family reunion.  Two families are coming from Norway and another from Texas.  We aren't overly concerned about the increased risk of Covid but appreciate that the risk is there.  Next door neighbours on both sides have had covid in the past six months but the stigma surrounding this affliction has all but disappeared.  Our neighbours were all quick to inform us when they tested positive and when they were negative.  I believe most people are much more proactive in reducing risk and odds are we will remain covid free.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The conspiracy theorists and the disinformation on the web will make Covid a concern for years to come because they refuse to believe that science is real and the vaccines are a government plot. Eventually it will be like AIDS, still present but no more publicity. It is hard for me to fathom the number of folks who believe everything they read or hear is the gospel truth

Edited by richard wysong
  • Like 1

Most people learned some good practices from the Covid years.  Many of the health habits to reduce spread were learned in primary school but I was glad everyone received a refresher course.   Since my school days,  I have always felt uncomfortable being in close proximity to someone displaying cold or flu like symptoms.  Now I have no problem excusing myself in the name of Covid!  People keeping "Covid a concern" for years isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

• Like 1

The wife went on a tour of Scotland with her brother and sister in law. A group of people traveling together. She came home last Saturday feeling terrible, tested positive for Covid. Neither one of us has ever had it. 

• Sad 2

Doctor Falchi was in front of congress recently. He said the 6 foot rule was made up. No science. The vaccine didn’t do much in the beginning. We all were test subjects. Is now any different? The original shut down to slow down the spread was about the only thing that was smart. I didn’t have any problems with any of that. It’s the stuff after they wanted us to just believe with no question. When I had the original thread that got shut down most of what I believed is becoming true. It’s not political everyone got fooled for the most part. The skeptics that got banned are being vindicated. Common sense goes out the window, fear takes over. Vaccine injuries are now being reported. Seems to affect the young. Now they’re finally admitting it came from the lab and we help with the funding. Everything has side effects. It’s about time they admit these vaccines do too. Common sense.

8 minutes ago, cfell said:

Maybe he made some $$$$ on the deal…??

The only thing I know he did for sure. One of his organizations funded the research. He called it a general funding. Not targeted. So he could say they didn’t fund that research per se. 

There are almost 8 billion test dummies on the earth. You are a number, a source of revenue.

• Like 1

You cannot get the result without the method. The method is what it is. People, however, ignore method and want the results and want it NOW! When a scientist is PRESSED every five minutes for THE answer the best he can give is the current PLACE in the method. Whaaaa....you didn't like the update. Pull up your pants like a big boy.

The METHOD by DESIGN will not yield a perfect result on the first pass but once in a billion times. When PEOPLE don't get perfect on the first pass or even the fiftieth pass, they get mad at the scientist. They ignore the ignorance that drives them to make these delusional demands. :mad:  

COVID was a NOVEL virus. Never before seen. Fauci and the rest of the world started with step ONE, not step DONE.

OF course, the 6-foot rule was a guess. Would your guess have been better? You do it next time so we can criticize your failure to know the end before the beginning:idiot:

Fauci got the job because he has displayed time and time again that he is a pretty good guesser and does it in FEWER steps than anyone else. His first guess wasn't based on anything other than his VAST experience and the OBSERVATION it was spread primarily by aerosolization. Pretty good guess even it was off a few millimeters. :crackup:

[The scientific method (article) | Khan Academy]

image.png.bfa7a7c1327aa8781ab5a45cd52987d2.png

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

You cannot get the result without the method. The method is what it is. People, however, ignore method and want the results and want it NOW! When a scientist is PRESSED every five minutes for THE answer the best he can give is the current PLACE in the method. Whaaaa....you didn't like the update. Pull up your pants like a big boy.

The METHOD by DESIGN will not yield a perfect result on the first pass but once in a billion times. When PEOPLE don't get perfect on the first pass or even the fiftieth pass, they get mad at the scientist. They ignore the ignorance that drives them to make these delusional demands. :mad:  

COVID was a NOVEL virus. Never before seen. Fauci and the rest of the world started with step ONE, not step DONE.

OF course, the 6-foot rule was a guess. Would your guess have been better? You do it next time so we can criticize your failure to know the end before the beginning:idiot:

Fauci got the job because he has displayed time and time again that he is a pretty good guesser and does it in FEWER steps than anyone else. His first guess wasn't based on anything other than his VAST experience and the OBSERVATION it was spread primarily by aerosolization. Pretty good guess even it was off a few millimeters. :crackup:

[The scientific method (article) | Khan Academy]

image.png.bfa7a7c1327aa8781ab5a45cd52987d2.png

You seem to forget they never said maybe or logical. They or he said will. Believe the science. Any other doctor that said maybe was censored. That was wrong. 

4 hours ago, KARNUT said:

You seem to forget they never said maybe or logical. They or he said will. Believe the science. Any other doctor that said maybe was censored. That was wrong. 

You do know that science is 'fluid", right. You repeat those steps until you FIND the answer. 🤨 To the 'best of his then knowledge"...he was on the money. Distance did help. Masks helped. Vaccines helped. And yes some people still died and some didn't respond but...... People chose not to believe that. Nothing I can do about that part. But common sense would tell you I can't catch XYZ if I'm on the other side of the world from the one person who has it. Now....how close before I do? 🤔 6 feet is as good a guess as any. 

The man was trying to balance the practical with the reality. Part of that reality was people were dying by the drove. Part of the reality is people HATE being told what to do even when it is good for them. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

You do know that science is 'fluid", right. You repeat those steps until you FIND the answer. 🤨 To the 'best of his then knowledge"...he was on the money. Distance did help. Masks helped. Vaccines helped. And yes some people still died and some didn't respond but...... People chose not to believe that. Nothing I can do about that part. But common sense would tell you I can't catch XYZ if I'm on the other side of the world from the one person who has it. Now....how close before I do? 🤔 6 feet is as good a guess as any. 

The man was trying to balance the practical with the reality. Part of that reality was people were dying by the drove. Part of the reality is people HATE being told what to do even when it is good for them. 

The problem I had with him was he was so certain if you remember. The vaccine will keep you from getting Covid, he said that. He was that certain and arrogant. I have no problem with people giving it their best guess. It’s called practicing medicine for a reason. He did say during the hearing that the 6ft rule just came out of thin air. That affected everything. They let that go on even after they knew it did nothing. As it turned out most everyone got it, some several times. History shows that always how it turns out. At best you try not to over whelm the hospitals. And come up with mitigating medicines. It never gets stopped history proves that. The fact it was man made is still being somewhat downplayed. He may be culpable. It will come out eventually. It always does.

24 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Don't even try to explain to them......millions died and no one cares to know the reality of why.  

• Thanks 1