Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

49 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

We have moved from masks to the post office now things change faster than the Midwest weather

Ryan B.

Hell it wasn't even two weeks ago the same people crying now we're telling everyone how safe and secure mail in voting would be and that all were crazy to think otherwise. These people actually think that blue mail boxes and cutbacks at the post office just happened to start last week. Democrats truly depend on stupid people wanting to remain stupid and there seems to be sadly no shortage around in this country. How's this we go back to everyone goes to a polling center like it should be done as everyone seems to manage going to the grocery store, i don't see any reason to not think polling centers will be any less safe.

We could simply allow for a more lenient absentee ballot process which still has the need for the person wanting to submit a vote to actually request a ballot, which is why the left doesn't want that kind of common sense here . Guess what won't need to happen for what the democrats want with a open ballot process, that in no way shape or form can be even remotely considered secure! No one is suppressing the vote, people have this thing i know it's amazing to think, but all citizens who live in this country that actually are a living breathing registered taxpayer, have what we normal people like to call a mailbox believe it or not, and the mailman will actually come to your very own house or apartment and take and distribute your mail, i know crazy stuff. And if that is not good enough then put a mask on and go to your local polling station to submit your vote like all normal people will be doing this season! 

Hell it wasn't even two weeks ago the same people crying now we're telling everyone how safe and secure mail in voting would be and that all were crazy to think otherwise. These people actually think that blue mail boxes and cutbacks at the post office just happened to start last week. Democrats truly depend on stupid people wanting to remain stupid and there seems to be sadly no shortage around in this country. How's this we go back to everyone goes to a polling center like it should be done as everyone seems to manage going to the grocery store, i don't see any reason to not think polling centers will be any less safe.

We could simply allow for a more lenient absentee ballot process which still has the need for the person wanting to submit a vote to actually request a ballot, which is why the left doesn't want that kind of common sense here . Guess what won't need to happen for what the democrats want with a open ballot process, that in no way shape or form can be even remotely considered secure! No one is suppressing the vote, people have this thing i know it's amazing to think, but all citizens who live in this country that actually are a living breathing registered taxpayer, have what we normal people like to call a mailbox believe it or not, and the mailman will actually come to your very own house or apartment and take and distribute your mail, i know crazy stuff. And if that is not good enough then put a mask on and go to your local polling station to submit your vote like all normal people will be doing this season! 

Exactly it didn’t start overnight. Scary how many uninformed people are out there. They are actual protesting in groups about being scared to vote in person [emoji2361]

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trump-us-postal-service-conspiracy-theories

Ryan B.
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

I hate the damn arrows on the floor at Walmart especially when I need an item right on the end. I have been knows to turn my cart around and walk backwards emoji16.png

Ryan B.

I've done that a few times. Haven't had anyone chew me out over it, yet. 

On 8/16/2020 at 7:06 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

Sorry Donstar, I didn't realize you were in here all alone. You were the right guy for that job :) 

Yes, I was hoping to have a more peaceful place to talk about the impact on our activities and behaviors as a result of the pandemic.  I know conversations can happen regarding Covid19 without using the words "republicans", "democrats" or "Trump".   It is a global issue and sometimes expressing views that differ from American party lines gets the political stuff flying. 

Don't turn this thread in to the Virus thread. Lets keep it pretty close to the subject as titled. "Covid19 Spare time"

So no need for mask vs no mask arguments. Postive vs negative results arguments etc.

I can't take another "Corona Virus" thread that endlessly repeats the same material again, and again, and again, and again....................................

:)

If you think something is out of place, just mention to the poster in a reply. If it's really out of whack, we can remove it

Edited by txab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mentioned a few weeks ago that my son and I were tackling a 1990 Kawasaki JS440 rebuild.  It's finished and started on the rack but failed miserably in the water.  Learned a lot about carburetors but obviously not enough, dropped it at a mechanic yesterday.  It's been a fun project during lockdown but now I want it running so we can enjoy the rest of the summer/fall.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mikemcclain8 said:

Mentioned a few weeks ago that my son and I were tackling a 1990 Kawasaki JS440 rebuild.  It's finished and started on the rack but failed miserably in the water.  Learned a lot about carburetors but obviously not enough, dropped it at a mechanic yesterday.  It's been a fun project during lockdown but now I want it running so we can enjoy the rest of the summer/fall.

Hopefully the mechanic will unveil a simple, inexpensive fix.  Regardless, the memories will last a lifetime for your boy.  My sons are both in their 40's and it astounds me sometimes when they remind me of things they remember from their youth!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My ongoing project of downsizing hit a pivotal point on the weekend.  I've held on to "memory making" tools of my Dads for decades.  They are the best quality and were well used.  However most are specific to a trade and many outdated.  On Sunday a young man responded to an ad I had online for a couple of items taking up the most space.   He was a young person starting out in the trades and he made my parting with these items extremely easy.  He was respectful of my sentiments and will put the tools to good use.  The extra space is priceless and the cash was a bonus!   I'll add that this person was very Covid19 aware and he made the new normal look very normal.  I regularly sell stuff online but this was my first since last February.  Covid19 adds another layer of precaution but is easily incorporated into such transactions.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Donstar said:

...the new normal look very normal. ...

I don't like that term. "Our new normal".

I see it as a "thing" we have to deal with until it's over.

Dealing with it in a sense of doing everything to tackle the threat and then move on with our "normal life" as we know it.

Ignorant people, unaware of what is going on, will be the ones suffering from the aftermath. The US is the best example.

And the younger population in BC, Canada.

Anyway, I still try to be positive about the outcome of the pandemic and just keep hiking, boating, swimming, drinking and barbecuing ?

Btw, I don't know anyone who's infected, no co-workers, their families or friends or anyone I come in contact with. It seems strange.....

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 3

I don't like that term. "Our new normal".

I see it as a "thing" we have to deal with until it's over.

Dealing with it in a sense of doing everything to tackle the threat and then move on with our "normal life" as we know it.

Ignorant people, unaware of what is going on, will be the ones suffering from the aftermath. The US is the best example.

And the younger population in BC, Canada.

Anyway, I still try to be positive about the outcome of the pandemic and just keep hiking, boating, swimming, drinking and barbecuing [emoji6]

Btw, I don't know anyone who's infected, no co-workers, their families or friends or anyone I come in contact with. It seems strange.....

so long

j-ten-ner

I remember someone about 6 years ago said something about a new normal. We were hovering around about 2 percent growth. Then we had an election. I guess the new guy did have a magic wand. About half the people at my father in-laws beach condo ware mask. Same at my golf course condo. It’s amazing how low the infection is here. It’s about 3/4s of usual crowds tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last weekend we took a good friend out on her 88th bday.  We typically take her to her favorite restaurant for lunch and this year was no exception.   Looking back on the day, I can list many changes in our surroundings and behaviors but nothing that prevented us from enjoying a lovely celebratory meal together.  A few months ago, the thought of being served in a booth separated by plexi-glass by a waitress wearing a mask would have appeared very inhospitable.  Not exchanging hugs with our dear senior friend would have appeared very rude. Our mutual acceptance and understanding of safety protocols enabled us to focus on all of the enjoyment of the event.  My earlier reference to the "new" normal was simply identifying changes in our behaviors specifically related to Covid19.  Our normal routines change often,  many by personal choice others are mandated.  I remember when smoking was removed from bars and restaurants.  Popular thought was they'd go out of business.  Now, most of us would be horrified if we had to eat a meal with someone smoking at the next table!   I think some  of these recent behavioral changes will continue when this threat is under control.  

Edited by Donstar

5 hours ago, Donstar said:

Last weekend we took a good friend out on her 88th bday.  We typically take her to her favorite restaurant for lunch and this year was no exception.   Looking back on the day, I can list many changes in our surroundings and behaviors but nothing that prevented us from enjoying a lovely celebratory meal together.  A few months ago, the thought of being served in a booth separated by plexi-glass by a waitress wearing a mask would have appeared very inhospitable.  Not exchanging hugs with our dear senior friend would have appeared very rude. Our mutual acceptance and understanding of safety protocols enabled us to focus on all of the enjoyment of the event.  My earlier reference to the "new" normal was simply identifying changes in our behaviors specifically related to Covid19.  Our normal routines change often,  many by personal choice others are mandated.  I remember when smoking was removed from bars and restaurants.  Popular thought was they'd go out of business.  Now, most of us would be horrified if we had to eat a meal with someone smoking at the next table!   I think some  of these recent behavioral changes will continue when this threat is under control.  

Might I commend you on your ability to see past the moment? 

? 

• Like 1

So I hear there is a new test for COVID-19 you can do with a bottle of Bourbon so I tried it. 

Pull the cork and sniff. Loss of smell is a sign of COVID-19. If you can smell it proceed to step two.

Pour a shot and down it. Loss of taste is a sign of COVID-19 as well. 

Now you know me, I'm a scardy-cat so I tested myself last night several times. 

I'm going to have to repeat this test tonight as I woke with a headache.

Headache is a sign of COVID-19

Can't be to safe, right?

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

So I hear there is a new test for COVID-19 you can do with a bottle of Bourbon so I tried it. 

Pull the cork and sniff. Loss of smell is a sign of COVID-19. If you can smell it proceed to step two.

Pour a shot and down it. Loss of taste is a sign of COVID-19 as well. 

Now you know me, I'm a scardy-cat so I tested myself last night several times. 

I'm going to have to repeat this test tonight as I woke with a headache.

Headache is a sign of COVID-19

Can't be to safe, right?

Sh#@ that testing is going to get expensive using quality Bourbon haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1