Any Body Dealt With Pursch GMC TX?

Hey folks,

Any body done business with Pursch  Motors in TX?  I'm looking for a particular truck and they have exactly what I'm looking for.  Problem is they are 917 miles from my house.  I'm not sure if they would do a swap at that distance or if I'd have to go to them and drive back.  Also I'm not thinking that I'd have to pay sales tax as I don't live in TX but I'd have to pay the GA tag tax when I registered it.  At any rate.  They have the truck I wan't but it's a long ways away.  Any suggestions would be great.

Sounds like you have a good grasp so far. Some dealers would trade if the trading dealer eats the cost of trailering the vehicles that far. Usually trades happen with in 250 miles. No you would not pay sales tax in Tx. Just when you get it home. Good luck to you. 

Also not sure i’d be willing to fly right now but if you do San Antonio does have an airport. Usually cheaper than Austin. Maybe buy it remotely and have a transport co take it to your door step. 

Edited by smrr1

yes sales tax is based off residency.....some out of state dealers take care of it right there I believe but you would have to check, you could also do a dealer swap though here is a catch and it may or not pertain to you

if a dealer knows or thinks they have buyer for the vehicle they may not be willing to let it go to another dealer.....I ran into this last year....its possible but not a certainty ….

the only thing buying far away is just to make sure everything is solidified prior to going....which am sure you probably already know......lots of guys here purchase out of state, especially in 2500/3500HD segment without any issues....good luck

I wouldn't mind a roadtrip personally but realize timeframe, and logistics can make it tough for some

oh, I did read recently here where a buyer bought out of state and they delivered it his house......have no idea what deal was or if it was extra, etc...

• 4 weeks later...

Ok folks,  I got a bit more serious about this and contacted some transport services.  It looks like $995 is the going rate for 1000 mile trip on an open hauler.

Anyone have any insight in this?

On the other hand it appears if I want to risk a chance at a major international airport and fly one way into San Antonio for $200 and possibly have dealer pick me up or deliver to airport then make 15hr drive home??????

Why cant they make more CC, Standard Bed, 3.0 SLT's with gray leather?  killin me.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:56 PM, Dunn said:

oh, I did read recently here where a buyer bought out of state and they delivered it his house......have no idea what deal was or if it was extra, etc...

I just recently purchased my 2020 AT4 from Bill Smith GMC in Cullman, AL. They were great to work with and will deliver the vehicle within 500 miles for free. I worked out the whole deal over the phone and they delivered the new truck, signed some paperwork, and took my trade in back. I never went to the dealership or met a salesman. 

20200418_163819.jpg

32 minutes ago, bullet225ho said:

Ok folks,  I got a bit more serious about this and contacted some transport services.  It looks like $995 is the going rate for 1000 mile trip on an open hauler.

On the other hand it appears if I want to risk a chance at a major international airport and fly one way into San Antonio for $200 and possibly have dealer pick me up or deliver to airport then make 15hr drive home??????

Why cant they make more CC, Standard Bed, 3.0 SLT's with gray leather?  killin me.

Its more driving but no air travel risk, rent a car one way then drive the truck back. Gas is cheap right now. 

1 hour ago, sweatandsteel said:

I just recently purchased my 2020 AT4 from Bill Smith GMC in Cullman, AL. They were great to work with and will deliver the vehicle within 500 miles for free. I worked out the whole deal over the phone and they delivered the new truck, signed some paperwork, and took my trade in back. I never went to the dealership or met a salesman. 

20200418_163819.jpg

yep me too....bought my 2020 LT2500 on 4/30 and never went to dealership, they dropped off my truck @ 10pm....and drove my trade back....though it was San Diego and only about 120 mles away....signed papers on front porch and finance guy PDF thru email next day

20200501_090944.jpg

2 hours ago, bullet225ho said:

I was gonna buy one in Vacaville, ca.....about 400 miles I believe and she quoted me $600 delivery but wouldn't take my trade back up there....trucks were so hard to find and dbl cabs especially....

i wouldn't really mind the long drive back home....some out of state dealers have airport p/u

they'll do anything to make a sale, pretty much....for sure they'll pick you up i would think

another member here flew to north Dakota from Oregon and they picked him up and he drove back home just a month a go or so

Edited by Dunn

21 hours ago, bullet225ho said:

I bought my truck in Naples, FL, dealing by email & had the truck shipped here to WI - I think it was about a 1400mi trip for $850. I think I got lucky & the guy had one spot left to fill on his truck because he picked it up within hours of setting up the transport.

I dealt with Goliath Auto Transport & have no complaints about their service.

Thanks for the info folks.

The truck that I had my credit union request a purchase order on was sold.

Dangit.

At this point I think  I may just wait it out til next year.  I'm not going to settle for a truck that isn't exactly what I want for $50,000.00