I have a 2014 sierra crew cab. Since it was new I have been having a problem with the steering wheel locking and being unable to turn the key to start/unlock the wheel. The dealer has replaced the whole steering column with no fix. Has anyone had the same problem and what is the fix.

15 hours ago, Jay Janczak said:

I have a 2014 sierra crew cab. Since it was new I have been having a problem with the steering wheel locking and being unable to turn the key to start/unlock the wheel. The dealer has replaced the whole steering column with no fix. Has anyone had the same problem and what is the fix.

Welcome to the site.

Is the truck a 4WD, lifted, modded, the more info you provide, the better our guesses will be.

Have you ever had any messages pop up about reduced steering? Maybe you have a bad steering rack. 

11 hours ago, ullose272 said:

If you turn the wheel a little does it let you turn the key

Exactly.

First time this happened to me it was because I turned the wheel as I was turning off the key . It's like it's binding. I've had it happen in both my 2018's so I'd say nothing is wrong with it 

I always park my truck with the wheels pointed straight ahead. If I have ever had a hard time turning the key it's been because I have parked the truck or my car with the wheels turned.