Truxedo LoPro on 2020 AT4?

On 4/3/2020 at 10:45 AM, Wisco68 said:

Tailgate release work just fine from inside the truck with the Truxedo brand tonneaus. I have the Truxedo X15 Pro cover on my 2020 AT4, and have released it numerous times for the cab.

I don’t find that to be true.  I have the Truxedo TruXport and a multi pro tailgate and the automatic release (inside cab or fob) does not work.  Gets hung up on the cover.  Person who installed it said about the only thing left to do is shave the rubber seal the touches the tailgate and then it will likely leak.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 9:08 AM, Mcarlo24 said:

I am in the market for a Soft Roll-up for my new 2021 Silverado RST.. I have narrowed it down to the Access Lorado (~500), the Truxedo Lo Pro (~$400) and the Gator SRX... Can you give us a review on yours... Thnaks, Dan

Mine leaks at all four corners.  It was installed with all supplied seals.  The leakage is worse around the release latch.  The latch tang sticks through the rail in a rectangular hole which allows water through.  Those who say theirs doesn't leak must have a different tonneau version with a seal around the latch on the left side.  The right side also has the same hole without the latch lever. Same problem until I filled the hole with RTV.  Any water that gets on the rail will definitely wind up in your bed.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:30 AM, GN2018 said:

I don’t find that to be true.  I have the Truxedo TruXport and a multi pro tailgate and the automatic release (inside cab or fob) does not work.  Gets hung up on the cover.  Person who installed it said about the only thing left to do is shave the rubber seal the touches the tailgate and then it will likely leak.

Sounds like it was installed wrong. I installed mine and the tailgate works flawlessly. 

49 minutes ago, Snakes709 said:

Sounds like it was installed wrong. I installed mine and the tailgate works flawlessly. 

Does your tailgate seat (the top seal strip on the cover) sit on top of the tailgate, or does it just barely touch it?  Mine sits on top of the tailgate and hangs up the tailgate when it lowers.  Easy enough to pull down by hand, but there’s just enough drag that it won’t work automatically.  Or, did you lift up the rear of the cover just enough to have less pressure on the tailgate from the seal?  In case you can’t tell, I’d really like this to work. :)

I actually just installed one of these on my new truck last week and so far I'm not a huge fan compared to the truxedo truxport that sits on the bed rails I had on my last truck. This one looks nicer overall on the truck but the cheaper one seemed like a better product. I was able to install the other one in like 20 minutes and this one took me like an hour and a half. I'm also having issues with leakage and water sitting on the section right behind the cab. Never had any water come in with the truxport or pooling of any kind on it. I had it for 4 years and am giving it to my dad for his truck.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:37 AM, GN2018 said:

Does your tailgate seat (the top seal strip on the cover) sit on top of the tailgate, or does it just barely touch it?  Mine sits on top of the tailgate and hangs up the tailgate when it lowers.  Easy enough to pull down by hand, but there’s just enough drag that it won’t work automatically.  Or, did you lift up the rear of the cover just enough to have less pressure on the tailgate from the seal?  In case you can’t tell, I’d really like this to work. :)

mine sits behind the gate unless i release the cover latch, close the gate and then push down the cover to latch it down. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snakes709 said:

mine sits behind the gate unless i release the cover latch, close the gate and then push down the cover to latch it down. 

Thanks.  Yours is further forward than mine.  The place that installed mine said that they had it as far forward as they could.  I guess I’ll have to look at it better.  Maybe it as far forward as the thought best.  Personally, I wouldn’t mind a little water leaking at the tailgate over not having the tailgate work automatically.  A little water will just run down the tailgate and drip out.  I don’t think that will hurt my golf clubs, which is about all I ever carry in my bed on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, GN2018 said:

Thanks.  Yours is further forward than mine.  The place that installed mine said that they had it as far forward as they could.  I guess I’ll have to look at it better.  Maybe it as far forward as the thought best.  Personally, I wouldn’t mind a little water leaking at the tailgate over not having the tailgate work automatically.  A little water will just run down the tailgate and drip out.  I don’t think that will hurt my golf clubs, which is about all I ever carry in my bed on a regular basis.

thats most likely what it does as i never see water on the actual bed. 

Not a Truxedo but I would recommend the soft trifold cover available through GM parts. They have done some upgrades to it and it works well. Just installed the new version. Never had any issues or leaks on the one I got in 2020.

My 20' had the GM soft tonneau cover, and I put the LoPro on my 21'.   I have to say for basically the same price I prefer the GM model.  I had to do a lot more sealing to get my LoPro not to leak, even with the seals it leaked like a sieve at the front corners.  Not only that but the GM cover had an extra support bar, so water pooled a lot less on it.   Even tugging my LoPro super tight there's a huge lake when it rains.  I also liked the tension control on the GM model better as it was adjustable at the tailgate, instead of at the front corners and it sealed much better except at the tailgate itself where the LoPro "flap" works pretty well. 

As an aside if anyone is considering doing the Truxedo Elevate TS t-slot rails with their Truxedo cover I don't recommend it.  First they shorten the distance between the cover rails by about 1/2" so the cover velcro does not fit as nice because the rails end up being shorter distance between, and they also are really flexy when pulled in the direction of the center of the truck or upward (as they would be if you used them for tying things down etc., I would never trust them to actually hold anything mounted to them or tying any heavy cargo to.  Basically they are just a thin L bracket that only has about 1" of overlap with the bed rails/clamps between the bed cover rails and bed.  I was going to use them for a bike rack setup but they were just far too flexy (even with 6 clamps a side) to trust.