Truxedo LoPro on 2020 AT4?

Ok, so I've read through multiple threads on tonneau covers on here, but none answer the question I have, so here it goes....  I had a LoPro on my 2014 Sierra, and liked it, until it started leaking, because the foam in the front of the bed fell out.  I'm taking the blame for that one, because I installed it myself and probably didn't do it right (lesson learned).  Other than that, I loved the features.

I want to go with the same cover again, on my 2020 AT4, but my main concern is the power opening tailgate.  Does anyone on here have the SAME tonneau cover listed, with the MultiPro tailgate, and if so, does it interfere with the auto down feature, or the use of the tailgate in anyway?

I'd rather try to avoid buying a cover from the Stealer, which seems nearly twice as expensive as this LoPro, and not as nice, simply because it "works" with the power tailgate.  

Again, please let's keep this thread on point, and ONLY if you have a LoPro on your Sierra with a power down tailgate.

I don't have a Sierra, but I do have the power up/down tailgate on my LTZ (non Multi-Pro obviously).  It works with zero issues.  I do notice seepage in the bed after moderate amounts of rain, but with what I keep back there, I am good with it.

I think I got mine on Amazon for around $450.

Edited by vancealot29
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bowtie76 said:

I just put one on my 2020 AT4 and everything works fine, multigrade tailgate opens every which way.  no worries.

Hope that helps

Even when pushing the tailgate button inside the cab?  The Tailgate fully deploys?

I have a Sierra SLT with the Multi-Pro gate with auto open. It's not the power gate. LoPro works fine on mine. The tailgate doesn't hang up at all.

I would take a closer look at it if you have the power tailgate. Because of how the seal on the tailgate works you need to open the tonneau cover before the gate gets closed. 

11 hours ago, Buellx72 said:

I have a Sierra SLT with the Multi-Pro gate with auto open. It's not the power gate. LoPro works fine on mine. The tailgate doesn't hang up at all.

I would take a closer look at it if you have the power tailgate. Because of how the seal on the tailgate works you need to open the tonneau cover before the gate gets closed. 

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the auto open / down feature.  I wasn’t aware that they had an auto up / down tailgate?  Maybe it’s only on the Chevy’s?  

thank you everyone for the input.  Ordering my LoPro today.  

Tailgate release work just fine from inside the truck with the Truxedo brand tonneaus. I have the Truxedo X15 Pro cover on my 2020 AT4, and have released it numerous times for the cab.

• 8 months later...

I am looking at the Lo Pro as well for my new Silverado.  I have had one on my RAM for 6 years with no problems at all.  I am leaning toward the Pro X15 because of the fabric instead of vinyl.  Note that the Truxedo has two different ones for the Pro X15, one with and one without the Mulipro tailgate, but not the Lo Pro.  The problem with the Lo Pro is the rubber strip that seals to the top of the tailgate. The rubber seal can sit on top of the tailgate plastic cap or fold down inside the tailgate when you close it after latching the top.  I never figured out if you were supposed to latch the tonneau first or close the tailgate first then latch the tonneau.

• 1 year later...
On 4/9/2020 at 8:46 PM, SteveCZ said:

I installed it without the foam.  I’ll see if it leaks.  If so then I’ll install it. 

I am in the market for a Soft Roll-up for my new 2021 Silverado RST.. I have narrowed it down to the Access Lorado (~500), the Truxedo Lo Pro (~$400) and the Gator SRX... Can you give us a review on yours... Thnaks, Dan

Wow, almost a two year old topic!   So far, the only time it leaks is when I go through the touch free car wash (high pressure), and even then, it is slight.  Still no foam installed.