Colour Matched Wheel Arch Mouldings

Use painters tape to mask off any areas that you don't want to come into contact with wax.  It only takes a few moments and it will make the job easier in the long run.

• 4 months later...

when a vehicle is ordered with dealer installed options, those parts are shipped from a company that services the gm dealers in the area. once vehicle is labeled as shipped ,those parts for that vehicle are then shipped from the warehouse to the destination dealer for that dealer to install. sometimes the vehicle does get there before the parts but most of the time the dealer sits on them vehicle arrives. as far as the old parts coming off if the customer wants them they can have them as dealer is not charged or paying for them in any way. most of the time customer doesn't want anything to do with them and I don't want parts in mislabeled boxes that I didn't buy from gm in my inventory.

as far as color matching and coming from the supplier already painted, any good bodyshop should be able to paint them and make sure paint doesn't come off unless something hard hits molding.

1 hour ago, spm1us said:

You should get to keep the stock black arch moldings. I know I found the Summit White online for $500 (+/-) with free freight from several GM dealers.

I haven’t been able to find them (in stock) anywhere in summit white.  Just canceled my third order.  They assured me they had them in stock, so I placed the order.  Get an email 2 days later saying they are back ordered.  The person tells me that email was automated that verified stock, it obviously wasn’t.

I removed and prepped my 06' flares on my own and had a body shop spray them.  It was years ago, but seemed like I removed the mold release with Comet and Mineral Spirits. I know I wet sanded them with fine grit paper until they were smooth but had a minor profile for the paint to adhere.  The guy at the body shop gave me exact instructions.  He sprayed them for $150 including material.  Not sure if I have the ambition now days but $660 seems steep!

Just ordered mine from shopchevyparts.com for my 2500 HD sierra. $487.50 it said no stock till end of September but got notice they shipped yesterday. Should be here tomorrow

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk