Shopping a new 2020 AT4. Could use some help with pricing.

52 minutes ago, CP312 said:

Wow. I’m thinking we will start seeing more of this. That’s even a touch over 20% off I think. I’m curious to see if they do a big discount like that plus 0% next month emoji848.pngemoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup - Sticker on my AT4 was $65k and was able to get a discount of $14k.  I sold my truck privately on Autotrader and was able to get $3k more than CarMax offered me.  

Yup - Sticker on my AT4 was $65k and was able to get a discount of $14k.  I sold my truck privately on Autotrader and was able to get $3k more than CarMax offered me.  

That’s awesome, I sold my car yesterday and have my tundra listed now. Figure I’ll wait until the 1st of the month in the off chance you can combine money off and 0%. If not I’ll take whatever rebate is available and see if I can’t match your impressive $14k lol

the only thing so far that's interesting is the 3 month payment deferral; dealer websites now have that 84 month option, but no extra rebate. I see some dealers have the $6000 or $6500 off, and maybe a dealer discount thrown on, around $4000 depending on the truck, so typically $10-11k off the sticker. April may be a better month. I saw where someone on here posted a chart of $9500 off stickers last year for April, and only $9k off in march.. then later in the year it goes to %20 off msrp.

I ended up getting an SLT over the At4. I looked at the SLT, Denali, and At4. I took the MSRP and subtracted 25% off. That was the price I was willing to pay, plus tax tag and title. The dealership i bought from ended up being almost 26% of a discount off of MSRP. Dealers around here were not willing to deal on a Denali and At4. One of the Denali's had a sticker of 2000 less than the truck I ended up buying, so i went to them with the number that i had for the SLT and asked for 2000 less than that. They basically laughed.

6 hours ago, CP312 said:

Now the plants are closing until the end of the month... be interesting to see why that means for deals to be had

The Federal Reserve on Monday went to near zero on the interest rate. This should get interesting.

14 minutes ago, CP312 said:

Yea hopefully inventory lasts long enough to take advantage of the coming deals.

Dealers normally have 2 to 3 months of inventory on their lots.  At this point reports are that sales are down 30%.  If they drop some more that means the dealers would have 4 to 5 months of inventory.

At that level some will go out of business as they won't be able to handle their floor plans.

Dealers normally have 2 to 3 months of inventory on their lots.  At this point reports are that sales are down 30%.  If they drop some more that means the dealers would have 4 to 5 months of inventory.

At that level some will go out of business as they won't be able to handle their floor plans.

Understood. I’m eyeing a few that show “in route” on the GMC site, hopefully they make it.

one thing I've noticed with the gmsupplier website and the chevy website, is that when I've 'built' a truck on there and searched for local inventory, it shows a whole bunch of trucks that don't match what I built AT ALL, even though it says matches 100%. Also, some will say 'in transit', while it shows the dealership's picture of the truck..or it's been sold weeks ago and taken off the dealer's site, but still on gm's/chevy's.

one thing I've noticed with the gmsupplier website and the chevy website, is that when I've 'built' a truck on there and searched for local inventory, it shows a whole bunch of trucks that don't match what I built AT ALL, even though it says matches 100%. Also, some will say 'in transit', while it shows the dealership's picture of the truck..or it's been sold weeks ago and taken off the dealer's site, but still on gm's/chevy's.

Its f ing terrible that it doesn’t work right and I tell them in every survey

10 hours ago, disneybaker said:

Its f ing terrible that it doesn’t work right and I tell them in every survey

To be fair, they are likely getting at least some of that info from the dealer.  I've seen a few local dealers that can't even keep their own website up to date.

My local GMC dealer doesn't even list a lot of their trucks because they move so much inventory.