Coronavirus

KARNUT

46 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I'm not sure on what you're basing your information but my belief is that we'd be in a far worse position if nothing we have done has worked.  Doing something has a far better chance of working than doing nothing.

Statistically it’s debatable at best. From day one, the virus raged through many of the most locked down and repressed areas of the country with little slow down, and much collateral damage from the shutdowns, including untold deaths. And masks? Mandatory in California since mid-June. If they were the silver bullet people all of the sudden consider them to be, why is California still in a bad spot right now? Moreover, why are ALL places that require masks still hot beds? It could be a chicken vs the egg thing, or they could be ineffective! 

Nothing wrong with asking the question, especially now that the goal is shifting away from anything reasonable. You agreed to not see your family for a few weeks, or even a few months at first. It’s now stretched to six months and you’re still complicit. But how will you feel in two years?

Edited by OnTheReel

I'm watching the news, any news, and I see people by the hundreds, by the thousands, not in cooperation. Last night here in Chicago a large group trying to pull down a Columbus statue. Police getting into it with them and so on. How much brain energy does it take to OBSERVE what is right before your eyes and draw a REASONABLE conclusion? Watch the people in the background. I don't need anyone to tell me what's in the film clip I'm watching to validate my observations. I drove through Illinois counties Carol and Whiteside yesterday, those western Illinois counties sharing boarders with Iowa, More Iowa plates than Illinois. Everybody is all, "Whatever" then later complain government isn't doing enough? It doesn't work? Really? Drive though the protest nearly every day now. Have to watch where you go. Some of those fools and shooting other fools. 

Hey, but it was 'mainstream' TV news so those cameras were spoofed .....:loser:  Worse it was local CBS?  I'm on the curb watching it but it was reported mainstream so........... :wtf:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Oh it works IF you can get some cooperation. 

Umhmm. Tell me what the mask-compliance figures in California were for the past month.

You can carry on blaming me and blaming Trump but the fact is, nearly everyone (including me) is going along with the stupid policies you lefties are coming up with, and still the virus carries on. At some point we are going to have to confront that there is not a lot we can do about this situation besides push through it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I'm watching the news, any news, and I see people by the hundreds, by the thousands, not in cooperation. Last night here in Chicago a large group trying to pull down a Columbus statue. Police getting into it with them and so on. How much brain energy does it take to OBSERVE what is right before your eyes and draw a REASONABLE conclusion? Watch the people in the background. I don't need anyone to tell me what's in the film clip I'm watching to validate my observations. I drove through Illinois counties Carol and Whiteside yesterday, those western Illinois counties sharing boarders with Iowa, More Iowa plates than Illinois. Everybody is all, "Whatever" then later complain government isn't doing enough? It doesn't work? Really? Drive though the protest nearly every day now. Have to watch where you go. Some of those fools and shooting other fools. 

Hey, but it was 'mainstream' TV news so those cameras were spoofed .....:loser:  Worse it was local CBS?  I'm on the curb watching it but it was reported mainstream so........... :wtf:

Mainstream media and health officials gave your left wing rioters encouragement for two months because they expected it to hurt Trump. When they found that it was having the opposite effect, they all but stopped covering them. Most officials still wont fess up that the riots had anything to do with the spike because they want to continue to pin the spike on...you guessed it...Trump.

You can’t have it both ways though. You basically admitted people of your own political persuasion are to blame, so thank you.

Mainstream media and health officials gave your left wing rioters encouragement for two months because they expected it to hurt Trump. When they found that it was having the opposite effect, they all but stopped covering them. Most officials still wont fess up that the riots had anything to do with the spike because they want to continue to pin the spike on...you guessed it...Trump.

You can’t have it both ways though. You basically admitted people of your own political persuasion are to blame, so thank you.

I live in the most conservative county in the country. The governor ask us to wear mask in public. I see most people wearing mask. Everywhere I go people are going along with the guidelines. So I guess it’s the bars, protesters and partying that’s the problem. So if we continue to stay in our lane we’ll be fine. The ones who don’t so be it. I still practice the distance rules. I eat out visit the parent have family over. I’m following the guidelines. I’m not going to pay for the ones who don’t and shouldn’t have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Jesus Lord!  The Spikes in FL,TX,AZ,CA all called 2nd wave by Libs...LOL actually, it's still the first wave and it's just how these Bugs operate.  As the LIBS MANDATE school closings because the Teachers fear for their lives and contracting Covid-19 from the kidos.  LOL...guess what people the teachers are the ones giving it to the kids...stop using the kids as pawns!  The bug is running it's course and now has grabbed the middle ages and younger folks which is good and expected.  Your all going to contract COVID-19 so better get it over with the sooner the better?  The mask is pretty silly to people of my background.  Your immune response whether natural or manufactured is still the same outcome?  Why would you except a unproven manufactured immuno response when you can use your bodies and save the botched mfg'd attempts and side effects short and long term all unknown?   Really, laughing now......only to contract it subsequently again next cold season.  

Your going to contract Covid-19 from a family member at some point and possibly already have....so please give the masks a break you look quite foolish!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I live in the most conservative county in the country. The governor ask us to wear mask in public. I see most people wearing mask. Everywhere I go people are going along with the guidelines. So I guess it’s the bars, protesters and partying that’s the problem. So if we continue to stay in our lane we’ll be fine. The ones who don’t so be it. I still practice the distance rules. I eat out visit the parent have family over. I’m following the guidelines. I’m not going to pay for the ones who don’t and shouldn’t have to.

Wrong!  You are paying for those!  Every one of us is supporting the IDIOT LIBERAL MOVEMENT THAT KILLED AMERICA!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

Why would you except a unproven manufactured immuno response when you can use your bodies and save the botched mfg'd attempts and side effects short and long term all unknown?   Really, laughing now......only to contract it subsequently again next cold season.  

Natural response didn't work too well for the Bubonic Plague killing 1/3 of the human population once and 1/2 once. Yikes, what? No herd immunity? And yet today is can and is cured but still no vaccine. An effective treatment would be just as welcome me thinks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Statistically it’s debatable at best. From day one, the virus raged through many of the most locked down and repressed areas of the country with little slow down, and much collateral damage from the shutdowns, including untold deaths. And masks? Mandatory in California since mid-June. If they were the silver bullet people all of the sudden consider them to be, why is California still in a bad spot right now? Moreover, why are ALL places that require masks still hot beds? It could be a chicken vs the egg thing, or they could be ineffective! 

Nothing wrong with asking the question, especially now that the goal is shifting away from anything reasonable. You agreed to not see your family for a few weeks, or even a few months at first. It’s now stretched to six months and you’re still complicit. But how will you feel in two years?

I understand your environment and reference points to be considerably different than mine.  I doubt I could find anyone in my peer group who considers masks to be the "silver bullet".  However, I don't know anyone who doesn't wear a mask when social distancing is a problem. Yesterday I read we have two reported active cases in our region.  Even with these low numbers, I can spend an hour in Walmart and then cross the street and spend another hour in Costco and never be within 6 feet of an unmasked person.   If I get careless, chances are in my favour that the other person will get out of my path.  Community spread can be traced to the cause or event when dealing with low numbers.  The effectiveness  of people following social distancing, hygiene and mask protocols is hard to recognize when large numbers of people don't embrace these practices.  We have enjoyed pretty consistent messaging along with support from our health officers and politicians from very early in the pandemic.  It may not be perfect but I assure you that the basics do make a difference and you as an individual make a difference.

• Like 2

Natural response didn't work too well for the Bubonic Plague killing 1/3 of the human population once and 1/2 once. Yikes, what? No herd immunity? And yet today is can and is cured but still no vaccine. An effective treatment would be just as welcome me thinks. 

This is not the bubonic plague. Another terrible analogy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Did anyone in this thread get the roner yet?

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

Was tested for it, Doctor was 100% sure I had it.

Test results came back 6 days later saying no, with a big disclaimer stating that a negative result should still be treated like a positive result if you displayed any symptoms like I did. 

So I quarantined for 13 total days (CDC says 10 days, then 3 days with no symptoms) if you get a negative result. Was paid Covid 19 emergency pay by the state since I had a doctors note.

Anyone else notice the only people debating mask effectiveness are those opposed to wearing one?

:crackup:

I expect all those opposed to demand their next surgery be preformed by doctors mask free.

This is a case of common sense not commonly used.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

As the LIBS MANDATE school closings because the Teachers fear for their lives and contracting Covid-19 from the kidos.  LOL...guess what people the teachers are the ones giving it to the kids...stop using the kids as pawns!

Your going to contract Covid-19 from a family member at some point and possibly already have....so please give the masks a break you look quite foolish!

This will be my 16th year teaching. And for the past 15 years, I caught some sort of cold within the first month of being in school. It happens because kids don't cover their mouths when they sneeze. They barely wash their hands, I call it "splash and dash" cause they're lucky if their hands even get wet. I anticipate catching Covid-19 when I return to work.

There are districts offering seminars on estate planning and how to create a will. BTW, this is in Texas. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasmonthly.com/news/hisd-offered-to-help-employees-create-wills-teachers-not-happy/amp/

As for masks it's very simple. If they didn't work to prevent the spread of diseases or germs, then why do doctors and nurses wear them during surgical procedures? Hell, when my wife is receiving her CF treatments the nurses wear masks to prevent transmitting any germs to her. It doesn't need to be proven specifically for Covid-19 because it's already been medically proven and is standard practice for other viruses and germs. 

• Like 3