Coronavirus

KARNUT

1 hour ago, CamGTP said:

Sure you can, you just don't tell anyone what you are doing if somehow you got pulled over. There aren't cops and the law man at every single road coming and going from a state.

I suppose not but consider that the Mississippi River separates these two states and crossing points are limited. Less than a dozen for public transportation along the entire boarder. No, I don't expect check points. :) 

Then there is the fact dad is 92 and while in stellar health a visit would not be prudent given the risks. We have face time and Zoom. Old boy was out hand setting 8" fence post the other day in 90 F heat. What a man!! 

• Like 2

If I can wear a full face respirator with P100L cartridges for 4 hours while crawling around inside a confined space taking pictures, samples and measurements, you guys can wear a face mask for 20 minutes while you get groceries. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, KARNUT said:

Half a day could be a stretch. Although more and more the combo is showing good results when used early. Some use as a preventative. The only reason it was shot down is because the president mentioned it early. He certainly didn’t pull it out his ass. He was told it showed promise. He was excited to get it out there. Of course the left and the media tripped all over them selves to say the opposite. The same people say we need to shut down even to save one person, damn the economy. It’s a shame the same considering wasn’t shown to reasonable save medication. That’s been around decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/15/2020 at 3:18 PM, Ithan Henry said:

I know you and I have discussed this before. Have they done more studies with it? There's so much info out there about everything it can get dizzying. 

On 7/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, KARNUT said:

It’s been covered extensively on Fox News, The first- Bill OReily, OAN news. You wouldn’t find it on covered completely onCNN, MSNBC and the network news. Just the negative. The previous reports the negative and positives. And more recently more and more positive results.

I'd also like to see the studies on this. Got a link to an actual scientific paper that was filed, rather than a news story? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

If I can wear a full face respirator with P100L cartridges for 4 hours while crawling around inside a confined space taking pictures, samples and measurements, you guys can wear a face mask for 20 minutes while you get groceries. 

Bingo!

During turnarounds I use to be in a full face 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week for up to 16 weeks. Fire training or actual fires 4 to 6 hours in a Scott air Pack in full fire turn out gear in Texas in the summer.

A bandana is not an issue.

My civil liberties were not violated by the EPA requirement to wear either.

It is literally the least you can do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I suppose not but consider that the Mississippi River separates these two states and crossing points are limited. Less than a dozen for public transportation along the entire boarder. No, I don't expect check points. :) 

Then there is the fact dad is 92 and while in stellar health a visit would not be prudent given the risks. We have face time and Zoom. Old boy was out hand setting 8" fence post the other day in 90 F heat. What a man!! 

The fact that many choose to ignore or circumvent such directions makes control of this pandemic  exceptionally difficult.  If leaders start talking enforcement,  many become outraged.  I'm sorry about you not being able to see your Dad but thank you for being part of the solution.  We haven't been able to see our grandchildren in Texas since the end of January which is gut wrenching.   We know of how to get around the land border restriction but my entire family are committed to doing our part.  The mantra, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem,"  applies here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In this mornings local news San Antonio had to take 3500 positive results off the covid were now listed as possible. Seems that’s happening in Florida also. It also being reported that the cold can show as covid positive. It’s been reported on local news the Texas over all death rate has remained flat in our state. Seems there may be a back log in death certificates because of the shut down. As far as refer trucks. Some areas had ordered refer trucks that are on stand by. That means just in case. Also means they haven’t been used yet. So as expected there’s been a surge. It’s being managed so far. The governor is warning people. Nobody here is panicking yet. With exception of the liberal city mayors and hysterical liberal media. As far as visiting my elderly relatives. That hasn’t stopped. We visit outside.

Seems the can do American way is fading in some areas.

37 minutes ago, Donstar said:

The fact that many choose to ignore or circumvent such directions makes control of this pandemic  exceptionally difficult.  If leaders start talking enforcement,  many become outraged.  I'm sorry about you not being able to see your Dad but thank you for being part of the solution.  We haven't been able to see our grandchildren in Texas since the end of January which is gut wrenching.   We know of how to get around the land border restriction but my entire family are committed to doing our part.  The mantra, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem,"  applies here!

Your welcome. 

Bingo!

During turnarounds I use to be in a full face 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week for up to 16 weeks. Fire training or actual fires 4 to 6 hours in a Scott air Pack in full fire turn out gear in Texas in the summer.

A bandana is not an issue.

My civil liberties were not violated by the EPA requirement to wear either.

It is literally the least you can do.

What kind of Scott packs are you using to last that long?

Why can’t you see them? Is it out of choice? Can’t you wear a mask if/when you see them?

The emergency office responsible for reporting Florida's numbers had to shut down because 13 employees caught covid.  The irony of that, how flawed exactly are those numbers they report?

"The coronavirus thrashing Florida has penetrated the state's emergency operations center, a clearinghouse for disaster related information and command center of sorts for the pandemic response.  A new set of cases caused the center, located in Tallahassee, to shut down Thursday as staff shifted to remote work.  One official with knowledge of the events, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the evolving situation, said 13 people working at the center had tested positive for the novel coronavirus and that the office would be closed at least until Monday.  Staff were in the process of clearing out essential equipment." 

• Like 2

All I keep hearing is how bad Florida and Texas are and comparing to nyc. You are comparing an entire state to a city. It’s not even close to nyc numbers. The entire state of Texas highest daily death number was 129 And Florida was 156. Apples and oranges. And that’s if the numbers are even true

5 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

Why can’t you see them? Is it out of choice? Can’t you wear a mask if/when you see them?

Non-essential travel between US and Canada is not permitted at all land crossings.  I believe this is not enforced at airports so there is a way but I wouldn't consider it a choice.  All passengers flying into Canada are required to quarantine for 14 days.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Donstar said:

We know of how to get around the land border restriction but my entire family are committed to doing our part. 

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

Non-essential travel between US and Canada is not permitted at all land crossings.  I believe this is not enforced at airports so there is a way but I wouldn't consider it a choice.  

Integrity - the quality of having strong moral principles.  It's not what you don't do when somebody's watching, it's what you do when somebody's not.  Some people have integrity, some people don't.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Donstar said:

Non-essential travel between US and Canada is not permitted at all land crossings.  I believe this is not enforced at airports so there is a way but I wouldn't consider it a choice.  All passengers flying into Canada are required to quarantine for 14 days.  

A nurse I know, born in Canada with family still there, isn't allowed back to Canada. Can't blame them, they've got it under control.