Coronavirus

KARNUT

So, from that article, it's unclear if/what the problem is, as those labs could be:

-reporting all/virtually all results as positive (as in, with a whole bunch of false-positives)

-only reporting positives, and not reporting negative results (so, the "regular"/expected number of false-positives for whatever method of testing they use, just the positivity rate stat looks bad).

Given that the state is run by a guy who wants to have Trump's babies, and would be all over it if those labs were reporting huge numbers of false positives (nevermind doctors who are depending on those labs for testing), it probably is more likely the second.

Or are we supposed to ignore the fact that a whole bunch of Florida's hospitals & icu units are full up with covid patients.  Or it's just a coincidence...

• Like 3

Weird coincidence that republican convention is supposed to be held in Florida in a month. And they’re having a “spike” and yet got caught lying about thousands of cases. People have reported walking out and not have taken the test and still getting positive results. Like they say, “I may be paranoid, but that doesn’t mean there not out to get you.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davester said:

Or are we supposed to ignore the fact that a whole bunch of Florida's hospitals & icu units are full up with covid patients.  Or it's just a coincidence...

That fact is not debatable, unless people believe their local doctors and nurses are lying.  

• Like 1

As reported locally here in Houston. There’re is an uptick in hospitalization with covid. Hospitals like most businesses survive on clients. Rescheduling missed procedures because of covid put hospitals near capacity. It didn’t take much to reach the limit. The latest mandates should relax the uptick in a short period of time. This is new. Adjustments are being made hysteria helps no one. The shut down didn’t work. It delayed the the infection, that’s all. Like wearing a coat in the winter, sunscreen in the summer. We need to learn to live with this.

• Like 1

World hit 13 million, adding a million in under 5 days. Acceleration is stiff at 2700 cases per day/day. That is just below the all time high of around 3000 cases day/day after settling to near zero when it was thought under control. USA deaths over 135K...so far.

1918 H1N1, a novel virus in it's time, killed 675,000 just in the USA when no one knew anything about it. Like now

2009 H1N1 no longer novel kills 12,500 in the USA. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/pdfs/1918-pandemic-webinar.pdf

The range of flu deaths in the USA has run 12K to 56K over the last 10 years. This ain't that.

You can hide the facts but you can't hide the bodies. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

As reported locally here in Houston. There’re is an uptick in hospitalization with covid. Hospitals like most businesses survive on clients. Rescheduling missed procedures because of covid put hospitals near capacity. It didn’t take much to reach the limit. The latest mandates should relax the uptick in a short period of time. This is new. Adjustments are being made hysteria helps no one. The shut down didn’t work. It delayed the the infection, that’s all. Like wearing a coat in the winter, sunscreen in the summer. We need to learn to live with this.

Yes, it is tough to get a balance.  It may be unacceptable to shut down but it is also wrong to minimize the potential impact of this virus.  Going outside without sunscreen or a jacket may lead to skin cancer or frostbite but the malady belongs to you.  Ignoring safe practices in dealing with the virus can harm or kill others.  Words like "uptick" by politicians are used to minimize the seriousness of increasing numbers.  The biggest problem facing us is others choosing to not accept this pandemic with a proper level of seriousness.   Let's own the problem and fix it!  

• Like 2

World hit 13 million, adding a million in under 5 days. Acceleration is stiff at 2700 cases per day/day. That is just below the all time high of around 3000 cases day/day after settling to near zero when it was thought under control. USA deaths over 135K...so far.

1918 H1N1, a novel virus in it's time, killed 675,000 just in the USA when no one knew anything about it. Like now
2009 H1N1 no longer novel kills 12,500 in the USA. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/pdfs/1918-pandemic-webinar.pdf

The range of flu deaths in the USA has run 12K to 56K over the last 10 years. This ain't that.

You can hide the facts but you can't hide the bodies. 

However, you could mislabel deaths

Yes, it is tough to get a balance.  It may be unacceptable to shut down but it is also wrong to minimize the potential impact of this virus.  Going outside without sunscreen or a jacket may lead to skin cancer or frostbite but the malady belongs to you.  Ignoring safe practices in dealing with the virus can harm or kill others.  Words like "uptick" by politicians are used to minimize the seriousness of increasing numbers.  The biggest problem facing us is others choosing to not accept this pandemic with a proper level of seriousness.   Let's own the problem and fix it!  

Everywhere I go I see people wearing mask, good. Social distance, check. The demonstrations seemed to be done for now. Bars been closed about two weeks. The slide down should happen anytime. In the last two weeks I’ve seen more testing locations ever.

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

An uptick in Texas and Arizona. Heaviest hit counties bringing in refrigerated trucks to hold the dead as morgues fill up. You mean like NYC? That sort of uptick? 

50 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Masks mandatory after midnight tonight here in Colorado.

:)

Iowa and Oklahoma were added yesterday to Illinois "Must quarantine for 14 days" states. If I leave to see dad I can't come straight back. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Iowa and Oklahoma were added yesterday to Illinois "Must quarantine for 14 days" states. If I leave to see dad I can't come straight back. 

Sure you can, you just don't tell anyone what you are doing if somehow you got pulled over. There aren't cops and the law man at every single road coming and going from a state.

I had to laugh when I saw Chicago put Wisconsin on their “watch list”...we should have closed our border with Illinois three months ago when they were bringing the virus up here to enjoy freedom from their oppressive lockdown state. The sunbelt states should have blocked all the vacationers from NY too. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/cdc-chief-says-northerners-heading-south-for-vacation-may-be-to-blame-for-surge-in-coronavirus-cases-not-state-reopenings.html

They fled their own lockdowns to greener pastures, and now want to lock us out of their unfree places...as if anyone wants to go to their shithole crime ridden areas anyway.

All the while media tells us to look to NY as the role model. Simply because they killed off the weak early, and are much further into the natural course this virus is going to run everywhere, no matter what. Give me a break.

• Like 2