Coronavirus

KARNUT

2 hours ago, CamGTP said:

I will still go out and about as I normally do. Wear the mask if the place says I need to. People that don't want to go out don't have too. I'm just tired of the talk about rising this and rising that, of course it's going to happen. This thing isn't just going to up and leave and shutting things down again isn't going to stop it either.

It stopped the plague second time around. History. 

• Like 1

Well good luck with doing that now. There would be no economy if the world came to a screaming halt and the fallout would be worse than the virus.

We're pretty much at the "just deal with it" stage. No vaccine with no real time table for one yet either, it's a toss up on anything like that.

Also give it a couple years and I think there will be all these lawsuits of people claiming that these cleaning products and hand sanitizers gave them cancer because they basically drowned themselves in this stuff everyday.

Edited by CamGTP

10 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Well good luck with doing that now. There would be no economy if the world came to a screaming halt and the fallout would be worse than the virus.

We're pretty much at the "just deal with it" stage. No vaccine with no real time table for one yet either, it's a toss up on anything like that.

Also give it a couple years and I think there will be all these lawsuits of people claiming that these cleaning products and hand sanitizers gave them cancer because they basically drowned themselves in this stuff everyday.

It would be irrational to believe that a disease that spreads by 'close contact' can not be hindered by social distancing to a level the medical field can manage. New York proved that.

The 'shut down' forced people to do what they were unwilling to do. During that time everyone learned to do things in safer ways including business. I think there is a saying, "Necessity is the Mother of Invention"? There is no good option but there are better ways.

It's a pity really that people have thrown "Love your neighbor as yourself" under the buss. People wont even listen to God so what good option could their be? Today few people really even believe in him. They say the do but act differently. 

I can't avoid everything but I can avoid enough to vastly improve my odds so.....I guess that is what I'm left with. 

Your last paragraph, realize it or not, is a paraphrase of the essence of Jeremiah 10:23

Humans are the worst creature on the planet to figure out the future consequences of current actions and yet are the most certain that they are. As a whole we are arrogant haughty creatures. 

Keep your head down Cameron and when you can't, keep it on a swivel. 

• Like 2

Texas and Florida are rolling back some what. I don’t think anyone really believed that there wouldn’t be somewhat of an uptick with opening. The demonstrations had some effect. Increase testing. Dan Patrick was on TV yesterday explaining the concern with hospitalization. A little known fact that isn’t heard on the news is hospitalization is at 85-90 percent full routinely. Just a small uptick in hospitalization would fill it up. He explained, not there yet. So the hysterical news of course would say hospitalization are overwhelming the system. Not. So elective surgery is pausing as a precaution. And rolling back some of the openings. The new temporary normal. Nothing to get hysterical about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My city is about 12 days into phase 2 of reopening and now at the most active cases we've had so far. I haven't seen the numbers of hospital admissions but I have to wonder at what point they consider rolling back the reopening to keep the curve down - or if the government will even let us do that even if we end up in danger of overwhelming the hospitals. Some very alarming rhetoric coming out of the premier's office these days. 

• Sad 1

On 6/26/2020 at 5:43 PM, The Zip said:

Now he has no taste or smell and some other symptoms, results will be in a day or so. 

Yeah his results were positive, down for 14 days.  His symptoms didn't require more than self quarantine.  Real early on the talk was younger people (18 - 30) were bullet proof, I didn't believe it then and now they are driving the latest US surge.  Going to be difficult managing the spread with that age group, especially during summer.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 5:44 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

You may have also noted that the number of daily cases is the highest it has been in the US. 

Yes, I did.  The highest daily cases to date is more like an explosion rather than an uptick.  Texas and Florida were 2 of the first states that reopened, having a hard time now.  I don't think they were closed long enough in the beginning.

Now California is another issue.  We were closed long enough, but the sheer number of people closed the gap quickly during the phased reopen.  Currently worst in the nation.

Haven't heard anything lately from NY? 

On 6/26/2020 at 6:10 PM, CamGTP said:

I will still go out and about as I normally do. Wear the mask if the place says I need to. People that don't want to go out don't have too. I'm just tired of the talk about rising this and rising that, of course it's going to happen. This thing isn't just going to up and leave and shutting things down again isn't going to stop it either.

In my area, masks and social distancing are definitely the new normal.  I wear a mask in consideration of others and to show I'm doing my part to help keep this threat under control.  I am fortunate that my friends, family and leaders model similar behavior.  This takes away any of the shyness or embarrassment I may feel from wearing a face covering.  I am of the opinion that "shutting down again" wouldn't be necessary if everyone maintained social distancing, wore a clean mask in public and washed hands frequently.  I don't feel confined to my home and will not enter into a situation (like going to the beach) if I can't maintain these basic requirements.  I appreciate that not every region or person embraces these practices consistently.  I'm not confident that I'd be  so careful if my respected peers or leaders mocked these simple strategies.  I had to take a close friend of thirty years to a medical appointment a few weeks ago.  She got into the car wearing a mask and I was deeply touched by this caring gesture.  A few months ago I would have felt insulted! ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I did.  The highest daily cases to date is more like an explosion rather than an uptick.  Texas and Florida were 2 of the first states that reopened, having a hard time now.  I don't think they were closed long enough in the beginning.

Now California is another issue.  We were closed long enough, but the sheer number of people closed the gap quickly during the phased reopen.  Currently worst in the nation.

Haven't heard anything lately from NY? 

That’s because ny is figuring they could take a billion dollars from nypd. Because in the end, that’s all it was about here. The number of cases are exploding everywhere but the death rate is declining at an even faster pace. Once the ****** show against the nypd slows down I’m sure they’ll figure something else to spotlight. #narrative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

USA has 4% of the worlds population

USA has 25% of the worlds cases

:dunno:

As you know, many readers are now focussing on the accuracy of these numbers rather than what they indicate. ? 

If you're still not caring about the distance you are keeping from others and not consistently wearing a clean mask in public then it's time to get on board!  Simply washing hands regularly and avoiding old people are not doing the trick. There are a lot of distractions but nothing stopping you from taking personal responsibility.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

As you know, many readers are now focussing on the accuracy of these numbers rather than what they indicate. ? 

If you're still not caring about the distance you are keeping from others and not consistently wearing a clean mask in public then it's time to get on board!  Simply washing hands regularly and avoiding old people are not doing the trick. There are a lot of distractions but nothing stopping you from taking personal responsibility.  

They can pencil whip the numbers until they are blind but if they believe those numbers are under reported by a factor of 10 they are so world wide. No matter how hard they play this the population ratio will remain the same. Still 4% of the total. Really? They think some third world country is more accurate in their reports? :) 

• Like 1

I listened to the conversations arguing the point if the virus was that bad in the country while we were consistently leading the pack on the negative side of covid for months.  So I am not surprised to hear the conversations today in Congress by Fauci, that was a depressing briefing he gave on the outlook of coronavirus in America.  He would not be surprised if the numbers went up to 100,000 cases per day.  Good or bad based on who you ask.

America could have come to a middle ground, it wasn't a lock down or re-open.  But it is seen by a number of Americans that one or the other is not American?  For some, it's weak, stupid, and un-American if you wear a mask.  For others, it's dumb, cocky, and blood running red/white/blue if you don't wear a mask.  That's a big C'MON man.

Fauci said we need to do "something quick".  Something? Quick?  Good or bad, expect at least 100,000 cases per day.  Every state will conduct their version of what a lock-down or re-open look likes because in America, we do not have a persistent, consistent national message. 

• Like 3