Coronavirus

KARNUT

8 hours ago, The Zip said:

The chart in the link is more than likely inaccurate, Florida's numbers are probably between 25-50% worse.  I've seen that chart and it was easy to obtain because it's not sanctioned by a government, it was created by a private citizen scientist.  She created it to give Florida residents an idea of covid numbers after being fired because she didn't want to falsify or manipulate the numbers requested by the governor.

Walmart and other big box stores in my California county are enforcing social distancing and make masks optional.  I'm not surprised about NY, the citizens did a great job.  Governor's should be asking Cuomo for a blueprint.  I'm also not surprised about California, just too much sun, beaches, and people. 

Take a closer look Zip. This chart IS THAT FIRED GIRL. 

• Like 1

We were having dinner in our state's capital near the college campus the other night and you'd never know there was a virus scare going on.  No social distancing, no masks in sight, quite refreshing!

I know but It's just sad Cameron. 

8 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Nothing "we" can do about it. They are on their own with this issue. No country is going to drop everything to help them.

• Like 1

Only things with a negative slant get reported by MSM and then parroted back here. Consider this headline:

413DF246-9C86-4D09-9BBD-2E9846722A00.thumb.jpeg.1a8add1fdec9b3942f02d89f7d4d5afa.jpeg

Saying “21 states see an increase in average daily new cases” necessarily is also saying that 29 states did not see an increase. Define “nationwide surge”...

Equally relevant to the story of certain areas spiking is how well things are going here in my home state (after “experts” said it would be a disaster). All figures on a steady slide downward. Hospitalizations are at a 10 week low; really dramatic drop in that category. No news reporting at all on this. But if numbers went up for even one day, you better believe it leads off on the 6 o’clock report.

In this day and age, one really has to think about what the media considers news, and why they chose to run or not run certain stories as it pertains to the virus. Coverage is getting spottier and more tilted by the day. 

Dog bites man. Not a story

Man bites dog! There's a story. 

News by definition is something out of the ordinary

You don't write about what didn't happen, unless is was suppose to happen

You write about what does happen

Imagine headline reading

"Grass is Green"!

I don't get upset by this.

What I get upset about is 'spinning the news'. 

Pit Bull bites man is spin meant to demonize

• Like 1

“Coronavirus cases surge nationwide” when more than half the states are not surging, and many are on a strong decline. Not really all that different than the pit bull reference. It’s meant to incite fear, drive an ulterior motive, and paint everything with a broad brush. They get away with it knowing most people don’t reach beneath the headline, or think critically.

When reporting on this virus, the fact that many states are NOT surging is every bit as relevant to the main story and how we respond to and contain these outbreaks in the future. However, nobody can learn anything when these things aren’t even reported.

Our state having massive decreases in hospitalizations absolutely is news, at least locally, because they spent 2 months telling us we’d surge when we opened. That was SUPPOSED to happen, it was effectively guaranteed by many! But when something doesn’t fit their pre-determined narrative, it’s tossed out.

You learn more from (and about) the news by paying attention to what they deem to be “not a story”. It’s not always a matter of spinning, or lying. 

11 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

“Coronavirus cases surge nationwide” when more than half the states are not surging, and many are on a strong decline. Not really all that different than the pit bull reference. It’s meant to incite fear, drive an ulterior motive, and paint everything with a broad brush. They get away with it knowing most people don’t reach beneath the headline, or think critically.

When reporting on this virus, the fact that many states are NOT surging is every bit as relevant to the main story and how we respond to and contain these outbreaks in the future. However, nobody can learn anything when these things aren’t even reported.

Our state having massive decreases in hospitalizations absolutely is news, at least locally, because they spent 2 months telling us we’d surge when we opened. That was SUPPOSED to happen, it was effectively guaranteed by many! But when something doesn’t fit their pre-determined narrative, it’s tossed out.

You learn more from (and about) the news by paying attention to what they deem to be “not a story”. It’s not always a matter of spinning, or lying. 

I can not argue this. Solid as a rock. 

You watch Stephen Colbert? 

I know most humor offends them, but are they even attempting jokes or skits anymore? Every clip I’ve seen since Trump was elected is just leftist virtue signaling and preaching. 

In a few decades we went from personable hosts and guests having a laugh at both sides to Jimmy Kimmel crying on stage about healthcare. I guess his blackface skits of yore finally caught up to him though, so that’s good. Enjoy getting eaten up by oversensitive the mob you created, Jimmy. Wonder who’s next! ?

• Like 1