Help me pick a color?

white looks the best when dirty, it doesn't show it nearly as much as other colors.....always has and always will be true

doesn't mean you cant see the dirt it just doesn't have same effect it does on darker shades....white looks the cleanest the longest, if that's your goal anyway

but really you should be able to pick your own stuff, you have an opinion I hope and also should know what you do or don't like....you have to see it everyday and make payments so it should be your decision

everyone just picks their favorite and posts them.....how that helps idk

Of course I have an opinion. But where I live most dealers may only have a truck or two so I need to travel an hour or more in different directions to see multiple trucks. Just trying to get enough real world opinions from others to narrow my choices so I don’t waste a ton of time. Which I think I’ve done at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a pic of Satin Steel while dirty. Really hides the dirt pretty well. This has a coat of mud/dirt on it (look at the running boards). It is an AT4 CarbonPro so only 3 colors - white, black, or this gray. Really happy with the color so far. When clean it sorta changes color in the sunlight. 

20200216_150841.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a pic of Satin Steel while dirty. Really hides the dirt pretty well. This has a coat of mud/dirt on it (look at the running boards). It is an AT4 CarbonPro so only 3 colors - white, black, or this gray. Really happy with the color so far. When clean it sorta changes color in the sunlight. 
20200216_150841.thumb.jpg.bf24f91cb992bf7b24d09055812253a7.jpg

That’s awesome, thank you. That’s the type of info I was looking for.

I've found that regardless of color, when it's your car/truck, and you spend the time to keep it looking nice, you will always notice the dirt.

I've had white, silver, red, midnight blue, and black.  

It's more a matter of learning not to care.  When they are dirty, if you care, you will notice.

53 minutes ago, 6sigma said:

20200216_150841.jpg

that looks sexy as F. The standard black fender flares match well with the color as does the rest of the black trim. What size wheels are those? 

23 minutes ago, Sam Huff said:

that looks sexy as F. The standard black fender flares match well with the color as does the rest of the black trim. What size wheels are those? 

Thanks, the wheels are the 20" carbon gray that are available with the CarbonPro package. I think the black chrome and black trim looks good with the color. The only thing that doesn't seem to match are the chrome side mirror caps. The technology package actually comes with the chrome mirror caps for some reason. I'm going to look into if they can be easily removed or replaced with the plain black caps. Not a big deal but I'd prefer just plain black mirrors.

On 3/9/2020 at 11:28 AM, CP312 said:

Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate you taking the time to help. As for the wife, she’ll be preoccupied for a while as this happened last night.
1e8d074db3e76dc3f3c568810cd487a6.jpg
So I think I can pick whatever color I want hahaha

Figured out who the dad is yet?

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2020 at 1:34 PM, Bigfoot16 said:

Cajun Red.. first non black truck I've had in a long time...

IMG_6031.jpg

I like the red.....idk now but at one time they said it was the most pulled over vehicle by cops....is that true?

actually you know what that looks really bad ass!.....beautiful color

Ive had 3 white ones in a row now, so since 2000 ive only had white trucks, lol....next one ill change it up

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dunn said:

I like the red.....idk now but at one time they said it was the most pulled over vehicle by cops....is that true?

actually you know what that looks really bad ass!.....beautiful color

Ive had 3 white ones in a row now, so since 2000 ive only had white trucks, lol....next one ill change it up

Thanks.. The sun was hitting it just right when I happened to take the picture.

As for "arrest me Red" as they call it.. I don't know, I've had 12 Corvettes over the years and it seems like I was pulled over in all of them.. and only one was Red.. maybe it has more to do with how I drive them :)    

Good luck with your choice on the new one...

On 3/16/2020 at 8:45 PM, TVelar said:

I was between satin steel and dark sky. My wife preferred the dark sky, so i went with that. Plus, having a darker color next to her silver car in the garage looks pretty good.

Have to admit I was wrong on the Pacific blue color when I ment to say the Dark Sky is an awesome color too...

IMO White Frost is the best looking color this go around. Black always looks good as well.

IMO I will never again own a vehicle that isn't black or white as they look a lot more dated when a new body style rolls out. That said, was not a fan of the Summit White whatsoever. Looked kind of cheap, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1