Help me pick a color?

35 minutes ago, CP312 said:

Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate you taking the time to help. As for the wife, she’ll be preoccupied for a while as this happened last night.
1e8d074db3e76dc3f3c568810cd487a6.jpg
So I think I can pick whatever color I want hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truck comes in very low on priority list. Those little carbon-based life forms are amazing! Congratulations! Enjoy! Just know, they don't give test drives... or instructions. 

• Like 2

Truck comes in very low on priority list. Those little carbon-based life forms are amazing! Congratulations! Enjoy! Just know, they don't give test drives... or instructions. 

Haha is true. This is the second one so I’m hoping things are a little more clear this go round!

• Like 1

Dark Sky is my vote! Was originally thinking Dark Blue, Dark Sky and White were my colors in that order. Dealership came up with a fully loaded 2020 AT4 that once I saw, loooooved! Color is amazing in person and changes depending on the angle and the sun hitting it between a greenish gray and a blueish gray. So happy with this choice in color! I've been a white color only guy for most of my vehicles but glad I changed for my AT4.

Marc

IMG_4470.jpg

Dark Sky is my vote! Was originally thinking Dark Blue, Dark Sky and White were my colors in that order. Dealership came up with a fully loaded 2020 AT4 that once I saw, loooooved! Color is amazing in person and changes depending on the angle and the sun hitting it between a greenish gray and a blueish gray. So happy with this choice in color! I've been a white color only guy for most of my vehicles but glad I changed for my AT4.

Marc
IMG_4470.thumb.jpg.f377cb9de735f2f5cc7a72d68cf92e7a.jpg

Thanks Marc! I appreciate the insight!

The only color that "stays clean" is the one that matches the color of the crap you just drove though. I think black and white are the worst, with any shade of grey/brown being slightly better at hiding the crud. but they all get the same amount of dirty when you drive through, or follow someone through, any puddle. I can't even get home from the car wash with it looking clean, so I just clean it less often, haha.

My wife picked my color, I would have probably gotten black only because my old one was black, but I'm a fan of my color now. Even though its no longer an option (tungsten/iridium)

The only color that "stays clean" is the one that matches the color of the crap you just drove though. I think black and white are the worst, with any shade of grey/brown being slightly better at hiding the crud. but they all get the same amount of dirty when you drive through, or follow someone through, any puddle. I can't even get home from the car wash with it looking clean, so I just clean it less often, haha.

My wife picked my color, I would have probably gotten black only because my old one was black, but I'm a fan of my color now. Even though its no longer an option (tungsten/iridium)

Yea I totally get that. I have a garage and only drive it once or twice a week as I have a work car. So I do better on that front than most I guess.

2 minutes ago, CP312 said:

Yea I totally get that. I have a garage and only drive it once or twice a week as I have a work car. So I do better on that front than most I guess.

ditto. I work from home some days, drive the beater some days. truck may sit in the garage until Saturday. My truck is usually the cleanest out of our 3 vehicles, but it still doesn't last long!

ditto. I work from home some days, drive the beater some days. truck may sit in the garage until Saturday. My truck is usually the cleanest out of our 3 vehicles, but it still doesn't last long!

Haha I do well unless it’s hunting season. Then it’s never clean for about 3 months.

• Like 1

I'm intrigued about Carbon Black Metallic. I wish someone could show a photo of it. None of the dealerships have it in their lots on any vehicle so I can't see it in person. I've had 2 black vehicles already and they were beautiful, but I know how tough they are to keep looking perfect. Dark sky metallic surprised me. Marc, Your photo looked much better then the one I saw on display at the dealership. Mind you this was in the showroom  and the lighting probably didn't do it justice. There's a satin steel on display as well, and it looks darn good too. 

Edited by FredJ
  • Like 1

I'm intrigued about Carbon Black Metallic. I wish someone could show a photo of it. None of the dealerships have it in their lots on any vehicle so I can't see it in person. I've had 2 black vehicles already and they were beautiful, but I know how tough they are to keep looking perfect. Dark sky metallic surprised me. Marc, Your photo looked much better then the one I saw on display at the dealership. Mind you this was in the showroom  and the lighting probably didn't do it justice. There's a satin steel on display as well, and it looks darn good too. 

That’s a good point, I’ve never been able to tell it apart from onyx black but obviously there is a difference.

If you go with the Carbon Pro package, you are limited to three colors for now-white, black and gray.  I got a white one, kinda had the gray grow on me.  White for sure shows dirt/dust.  But, seems to hold up well and doesn't show scratches.  Also, depending on where you live and if your truck is covered or not, can make a significant difference in cabin temperature.  I have white. 

• Like 1

white looks the best when dirty, it doesn't show it nearly as much as other colors.....always has and always will be true

doesn't mean you cant see the dirt it just doesn't have same effect it does on darker shades....white looks the cleanest the longest, if that's your goal anyway

but really you should be able to pick your own stuff, you have an opinion I hope and also should know what you do or don't like....you have to see it everyday and make payments so it should be your decision

everyone just picks their favorite and posts them.....how that helps idk

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1