Anyone notice this?

Truck is a 5.3L 2019 LT Trail Boss

On the display near the speedo, you have different screens... One of them you can enable is the "Off Road" screen that shows lean angle, pitch and what mode the drivetrain is in...  On my 2018 Z71, if you are in RWD the rear tires on the graphic are green, with the fronts grayed out.  When you put it in AWD or either of the 4WD modes, all the tires turns green.

On the 2019, the tires, all 4 of them, stay grayed out no matter what mode you are in.  It "says" AWD or whatever the drive mode is, like the older models...  But as far as what the graphic shows, it doesn't give any indication of what mode it's in... none of the tires ever turn green...

Glitch?  One of the graphic designers fell asleep?  LOL

Yeah that was impressive. Now same info, just not as pretty or in the same place. I sort of miss it, but at least they kept the pitc,h yaw, and graphic position of front wheel position angle which is most important......they relocated the drive mode to a graphic in the lower end of the speedometer which is improved over the previous gen when on the main screen and you had to rely with the tiny lights on the mode switch which wasn't too obvious in the daytime. New gen seems to go for clustering controls and graphics by function and a quick look at the lower end of the speedometer graphics shows what wheels are driven and whether tranny shifting is in trailer, normal or sport mode.

Same goes for the Nav displays, not as much saturated color, but makes up for it in exit graphics. Not necessarily worse, just different

1 hour ago, SquireSCA said:

Agreed, but it would take the programmer like 6 minutes to make the wheel colors reflect the drive mode...  I mean, the graphic is already there, its just adding color...  LOL

Yes, but it would take the Software group 6 months to write a Product Requirement Update and get it ratified, and the Q/A testing group another 6 months to make sure the code the programmer put it didn't break anything else.  

(yes, I work in Software) :)

• Haha 2