Tonneau

Been reading past threads and posts all day long, decided to either go with a tri-fold gm cover or a backflip mx4, is it worth saving a couple hundred going with gm one over the backflip, or is the backflip worth it because it’s not gm branded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been reading past threads and posts all day long, decided to either go with a tri-fold gm cover or a backflip mx4, is it worth saving a couple hundred going with gm one over the backflip, or is the backflip worth it because it’s not gm branded

Do not buy a cover from GM. Warranty claims have to go through dealer not the manufacturer which means you need to convince dealer there is something wrong with the cover for any defect. Also consider whether having your stuff dry is important to you. If it is, don't get the REV hard trifold from GM or Bak mx4 as they leak terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Do not buy a cover from GM. Warranty claims have to go through dealer not the manufacturer which means you need to convince dealer there is something wrong with the cover for any defect. Also consider whether having your stuff dry is important to you. If it is, don't get the REV hard trifold from GM or Bak mx4 as they leak terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

What do you have?

15 hours ago, Mack3748 said:

anyone try the undercover flex hard tri fold?

Has it for 3 years on my 2015. I got 3 new ones under warranty as they all leaked. I got the new Extang Exceed on my 19 SLT. 

Edited by HONDABBQ
  • Like 1

I have also been researching tonneau covers.  I haven't been able to find any comments on using them with the GMC MultiPro tailgate.  Looking at the tailgate it appears it would be impossible to get a good seal there with any cover.

Is that an accurate observation?

On 3/13/2020 at 3:51 AM, Bo Evans said:

I have owned one bakflip and 5 retrax pros.  While the price of the flip style cover is nice, there is a reason or many why I have opted for the retrax every time since...

Are there any issues with the Retrax in the winter?  I have a concern that if water gets into the rollers and then freezes it will become inoperable.