Infotainment system update this morning

blckblt

Any idea what the update is for/does?

I got it this morning.  I think it is updating right now as my on star/my chevy app won't work....

I think it was version 148 which I don't think is new.

Edited by blckblt

Here's what its supposed to address:

Some customers may comment on software issues. A continuous improvement software update is being released with updates made on the following areas: Bluetooth, Projection (Android Auto/Apple CarPlay), Audio, Sirius XM, Navigation, Diagnostics, and general system improvements. Most notable improvements include:

Bluetooth:

- Answer an Android Auto call the Bluetooth audio continues to play in speakers and call audio remains on device

- Phone deleted after radio displays “busy”

- Phone loses connection on next ignition cycle or will not reconnect

- No incoming call ringer

- No audio until source change

Audio:

- No audio. Could occur any time, or on start up or after a profile loads

- Increase gain for USB source

Sirius XM:

- No audio.

- Improvements for displaying Sirius XM loading, or Acquiring signal and won't play SXM audio.

- Missing Sirius XM metadata.

- IP station plays same song.

- Improved IP streaming connectivity.

- No recovery of signal after leaving a no signal environment (e.g. parking structure).

Navigation:

- Highway mode error [Korea]

- Navigation reset or poor performance in low connectivity areas

Diagnostics:

- Improved diagnostics for DTC U190B/B127E 06

System:

- System lock-up, display stuck, flickering, black screen

- Improved operation during boot up

- Maintenance reminder synchronization between mobile app and radio

A new radio software update, version U148, is being released for vehicles equipped with Infotainment system RPO IOS, IOT or IOU, in addition to providing general robustness and stability enhancements. This update includes all enhancements from previous software version releases.

This update can occur remotely through in-vehicle prompts from the radio display. However, some customers may decline the vehicle update or the update may be unsuccessful. Along with the vehicles mentioned above, vehicles in unconnected markets, and fleet customers may need the dealer to reprogram the radio with the new software package.

Now, I'm not trying to sound like a smart a$$, but I wonder if some people on the forums/facebook groups don't do the updates ever or at all and don't realize that by doing them, it might resolve an issue that they may run into.  Or, they turned off the auto updates.  For example, the black/locking up screen.  I've seen plenty of posts on the 2019+ group on Facebook within the past few weeks.  This update came out back in December 2019.   

35 minutes ago, newdude said:

Now, I'm not trying to sound like a smart a$$, but I wonder if some people on the forums/facebook groups don't do the updates ever or at all and don't realize that by doing them, it might resolve an issue that they may run into.  Or, they turned off the auto updates.  For example, the black/locking up screen.  I've seen plenty of posts on the 2019+ group on Facebook within the past few weeks.  This update came out back in December 2019.   

Can i please ask what Facebook page is it your talking about ? 

7 hours ago, newdude said:

I actually started having new issues after doing the update. Their fixes either dont always work and/or they sometimes create new problems.

Everything worked fine before the update and everything works fine after the update. Only difference noted was the Nav takes about 2 seconds longer to boot, but worth it with the improved connectivity, more accurate response to voice commands and pop up info when approaching school zones which is great because that's where the PRMD thieves hide their stationary speed cameras.