What is this?

I found this GMC Denali when I was looking for wheels for my truck, but now I'm intrigued as to what this is. From what I can tell this truck isn't from the factory this way (outside of the wheels) but maybe I'm wrong? I customized the Sierra on GMC's site every way I could and didn't see an option like this. Any ideas? 

https://4playwheels.com/project/gmc-sierra-1500-wheels-rims-4p70-brushed-black-22x10/

1 minute ago, Willie Allen said:

I found this GMC Denali when I was looking for wheels for my truck, but now I'm intrigued as to what this is. From what I can tell this truck isn't from the factory this way (outside of the wheels) but maybe I'm wrong? I customized the Sierra on GMC's site every way I could and didn't see an option like this. Any ideas? 

https://4playwheels.com/project/gmc-sierra-1500-wheels-rims-4p70-brushed-black-22x10/

I like the spoke design but why do all these aftermarket rim makers put those huge plastic looking monstrosity of a center cap on almost all aftermarket rim choices? It really cheapens the look of the rim styling imo, it's almost why a hundred percent of the time i find the factory wheels are 9 times out 10 nicer and cleaner looking then what is around in the aftermarket.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

I like the spoke design but why do all these aftermarket rim makers put those huge plastic looking monstrosity of a center cap on almost all aftermarket rim choices? It really cheapens the look of the rim styling imo, it's almost why a hundred percent of the time i find the factory wheels are 9 times out 10 nicer and cleaner looking then what is around in the aftermarket.

Agree most factory wheels look better. OE creations make a few wheels I like but there all based off oe designs. I also don’t like the pushed out look of the aftermarket wheels. 

Definetly wrapped.  And you can't get a Denali without all of the chrome.  I'm willing to pay for the options, but I don't want the chrome.  A "black out" Denali package would likely be a best seller.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim E said:

Definetly wrapped.  And you can't get a Denali without all of the chrome.  I'm willing to pay for the options, but I don't want the chrome.  A "black out" Denali package would likely be a best seller.

Yeah i agree the denali needs to be all color matched, the chrome is such an outdated look on anything these days imo. It is why the AT-4 package is so popular right now, hell i can barely find any on most lots right now and they are never around for long.

• Like 1

I’ll bet the discounts are more a product of the MSRP being way too high for it’s interior quality/ features VS the competition...not because it has the trademark chrome grille. A Denali bought anywhere near it’s 67k sticker price is a borderline robbery.

We can argue all day about what we want or don’t want, but 40% of Sierra sales were SLT in the K2. And you know Denali took up another huge chunk of it because that’s all you see on the roads. The anti-chrome sentiment doesn’t exist as much with the general public as it does with people on this forum...or those figures wouldn’t happen.

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 1